Dolphin Swim Excursion?

luvcdays

I posted this message on the St. Thomas Ports of Call forum and did not get an answer, so I am trying here...

Can anyone tell me how much they charge for the pictures/DVD's they sell you at the Dolphin Discovery Center on Tortola? I have read many reviews of the shorex, but cannot find out about the pictures they sell.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I was just researching this tour and found the following in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1921434

They take pictures and then of course you have to buy them if you want them, which we did. We got to pick 2 out to get printed and then they put them all on a junk drive for ya and I think it was like $130 so its up there but the pictures are nice to have!

Hope that helps you.

• 2 weeks later...

My family of 7 has this excursion booked in Feb 2014 .. Can't wait .. so excited .. I am a little worried about the cost of the pictures but have been told they are willing to negotiate .. so that is good and hopefully to our advantage .. :) .. If anyone has done this excursion please feel free to enter your thoughts on the whole experience .. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

It was the BEST experience EVER !! We booked in advance through the actual website and got an amazing deal .. The place was clean, the dolphins happy, plenty of space for them .. The wait was kind of long but worth it in the end .. We had originally ordered the basic package but ended up being picked to "help" train 2 young dolphins and then got to "swim" with their parents .. Our girls absolutely LOVED it .. It was amazing .. We bought the picture CD which was cheaper than expected so that was a pleasant surprise .. Do not buy the frames in the gift shop, the pictures will not fit .. its not a standard size ..

Attached is a picture I took while we were waiting .. :p

Tortola.jpg.df013154655906a9fb17fcb2a36d065c.jpg

Edited by tvan76

I appreciate the response...we are going on our first cruise...I booked the Tortola dolphin swim through Carnival and was concerned after reading some reviews. There are 5 of us going. We dock in St Thomas & heard the trip to Tortola is not the best but we will try to enjoy every minute ! As long as the 6 yr old can stand the journey from St Thomas to Tortola life will be good. Thanks again! I was told CD can run @ $500 is that accurate? I was also told I can bargain that price down. Thanks Again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When are you going? Check out Dolphin Discovery's website first to make sure Carnival isn't completely screwing you .. IF Carnival is charging you more than $80 pp (Dolphin Discovery Swim), then you're not getting a deal with them .. watch your times too .. Getting from St.Thomas to Tortola will eat up a lot of time ..

We had 7 ppl in our family and the CD/Picture package was $269 USD, you got the CD (over 100 pics) and 7 pictures of your choosing printed .. it was just over $300 USD by the time we were done ..the less ppl you have the cheaper the package .. :p

Edited by tvan76

Thanks going in July ...I probably am getting screwed on the price but I have peace of mind the ship won't sail without me loI I did book a cosol tour in st kitts ... So I did try one non-carnival excursion lol..since I'm new I worry to much .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums