getting from ship to town canary islands

pebbles2

I am doing a canary island cruise soon. I am on a mobility scooter. I am worried about Lanzarote and Las Palma as I understand it means busy roads and crossings, and in Lanzarote a long walk.

Can I take a mobility scooter on a shuttle bus ?

May be I should get a taxi but then I would ned to hire a Luggie type folding scooter ??

Thanks

In Las Palmas the ship will dock within the town. You can easily get to the Las Canteras beach which has a long, flat promenade. At the other end of the promenade is las Arenas shopping centre. The old part of the town, Vegueta, is quite a distance away, but public buses are accessible for a small scooter. In Arrecife I can't remember how far it was to the town as my friend picked us up in her car.

In Arrecife there is nothing much to see, so you would be better renting a car or a taxi. yes, I would suggest you take a small scooter as then you would be able to get on public transport in each port. We rented a car from CICAR as they are one of the best canary Islands car hire companies. They are reasonably priced, have new cars and offer a good service.

Spain, in general is good for accessibility.