Afternoon Car Rental in Maui?

kjcombs89

We are sailing on POA in October, and I'm having lots of fun researching!

We are considering taking the Molokini Snorkel Excursion through NCL on the first day in Maui. I understand that we will return to the ship around 2:30pm. We'd like to rent a car that afternoon, to keep through the next afternoon.

1. Do the rental car shuttles run to the pier as often in the afternoon, or would we need to call them? We're probably going to reserve ahead of time through Discount Hawaii Car Rentals.

2. We'd like to drive back over to the west side that same afternoon/evening to grab a drink and watch the sunset. Any favorite spots for watching the sunset?

Thanks for any help! :)

We are sailing on POA in October, and I'm having lots of fun researching!

We are considering taking the Molokini Snorkel Excursion through NCL on the first day in Maui. I understand that we will return to the ship around 2:30pm. We'd like to rent a car that afternoon, to keep through the next afternoon.

1. Do the rental car shuttles run to the pier as often in the afternoon, or would we need to call them? We're probably going to reserve ahead of time through Discount Hawaii Car Rentals.

2. We'd like to drive back over to the west side that same afternoon/evening to grab a drink and watch the sunset. Any favorite spots for watching the sunset?

Thanks for any help! :)

The major car rental companies at the airport send vans around to the pier repeatedly in the morning when the POA arrives, and then again the next day when the ship departs. Not sure how frequent they are in the afternoon and morning in between - your best bet would be to contact the company you're planning on using and ask.

Overnight parking is in a small lot by the pier, inside the secure area. You'll show your ship's key card to get in. There are only 50 spaces and they fill up fast. After that you'll have to park at Maui Mall, which is a short walk from the pier.

Edited by VideoTech

The major car rental companies at the airport send vans around to the pier repeatedly in the morning when the POA arrives, and then again the next day when the ship departs. Not sure how frequent they are in the afternoon and morning in between - your best bet would be to contact the company you're planning on using and ask.

Overnight parking is in a small lot by the pier, inside the secure area. You'll show your ship's key card to get in. There are only 50 spaces and they fill up fast. After that you'll have to park at Maui Mall, which is a short walk from the pier.

Thanks for the response, VideoTech! I will give Thrifty a call and ask them!

Do you know if you have to pay to park at Maui Mall? I've read in a couple of threads that they charge $20 to park, but that there isn't always an attendant there.

Thank you! :)