50th Birthday Cruise Planning Help Needed!

dzneycruzegrl

Hi...I need your expertise...I am trying to save and plan for hubby's 2011 5oth birthday and want to do something special around May or June of that year. We have cruised before (12 times, mostly Carribean but also did their Transatlantic), but only Disney, so I have no frame of reference with respect to other cruise lines. We do love Disney but I'd like to mix it up a bit with locations. We have no children. Would consider anything in / around the US...not interested in Europe, Far East. Open to ocean and river cruising. Anywhere from 7-10 days preferably. Want it to be nice but not break the bank....will defintiely be at least a cabin with a verandah. Thanks in advance...i look forward to suggestions!!!:)

Hi...I need your expertise...I am trying to save and plan for hubby's 2011 5oth birthday and want to do something special around May or June of that year. We have cruised before (12 times, mostly Carribean but also did their Transatlantic), but only Disney, so I have no frame of reference with respect to other cruise lines. We do love Disney but I'd like to mix it up a bit with locations. We have no children. Would consider anything in / around the US...not interested in Europe, Far East. Open to ocean and river cruising. Anywhere from 7-10 days preferably. Want it to be nice but not break the bank....will defintiely be at least a cabin with a verandah. Thanks in advance...i look forward to suggestions!!!:)

May is traditionally a repositioning month for many cruiselines. They either switch it up and go to Alaska or they go to Europe. Royal Caribbean keeps their biggest ships in the Caribbean.

I would consider doing an Alaska Cruisetour on Celebrity. If that is too many days, maybe you could do a Celebrity Alaska cruise with a few days in Vancouver afterwards. Celebrity has beautiful mid-sized ships. Food is great, so is the entertainment. Another option is Hawaii. You might be able to catch a repositioning ship that will stop in Hawaii enroute to Alaska. Mexican Riviera is another option.

Good luck with your decision....

Colleen

• 3 weeks later...

Do Hawaii, THE 50TH STATE ON HIS 50TH BIRTHDAY.....:D

I wanted to do that for my husband next year and bring along several friends but he wants to do Northern Europe... I think you could have fun planning all things around the number 50...

Good Luck with you planning.

Do Hawaii, THE 50TH STATE ON HIS 50TH BIRTHDAY.....:D

I wanted to do that for my husband next year and bring along several friends but he wants to do Northern Europe... I think you could have fun planning all things around the number 50...

Good Luck with you planning.

I just turned 50 on Friday (8/21). This date is also shared with Hawaii's 50th birthday. Alaska also turned 50 this year. I love the idea of planning a trip around the number "50".

Colleen

for us men, the big 5-0 can be a tricky situation, because we reflect on this birthday more then others...first if you are planning a cruise, then also plan a pre cruise/birthday party, using the destination that you chose as the theme..secondly, does your husband have a hobby (golf, music, etc), if so, look for a theme cruise that might appeal to him...or see if you can put together a group of your friends to go on the cruise with you, so they can get a discount and you can get a free or possible upgrade cabin

does he know you are planning this or will it be a surprise

Archived