Anyone been to Uxmal lately?

dijid

If so, I have two questions:

1) What tour company did you go with?

2) Can you still climb on the pyramid?

I decided a while ago I wanted to go to Uxmal, but autoprogresso's website doesn't list Uxmal as a tour. I've tried emailing, but it bounced back to me. I can't swing Carnival's price of $70pp for the 5 in my family. I really hope there is some other option.

I read in Yucatan Today that you are no longer allowed to climb the pyramid. This is one of the reasons why I picked Uxmal over Itza. I'll be very disappointed if this is the case, and it's best to know ahead of time.

Thanks.

Hi Dijid,

Autoprogreso does go to Uxmal. I am taking it on my cruise. Here is the list of tours they offer from the Pier.

Chichen Itza ruins $ 49

Uxmal $ 49

Dzibilchaltun $ 29

Merida City tour $ 25

Dzibilchaltun and Merida City $ 39

Open bar resort and ruins $ 45

Merida City sightseeing and Corona Bar $ 39

Flamingo tour $ 19

Kayak $ 20

I hope this helps.

Joel

Thebambam

We also did the Autoprogreso tour to Uxmal last February. $49, need 8 to make the tour. We had 6 pre-reserved and two people joined at the pier. They used a nice van for the 8 of us. There was some construction and excavation going on when we toured. Very good tour.

We also did the Autoprogreso tour to Uxmal last February. $49, need 8 to make the tour. We had 6 pre-reserved and two people joined at the pier. They used a nice van for the 8 of us. There was some construction and excavation going on when we toured. Very good tour.

How did you pre-reserve? My emails keep bouncing back!

Hi Dijid, me again, I´ve sent u an e-mail with details of my excursion to Uxmal and I included the email address with the person that can provide you a full information about how to get there and how to reserve your tickets.

XOXO

Thanks to cyranie we are now all set! We have made a reservation to go to Uxmal with autoprogresso. Now the hard part - getting everyone up and moving early enough. We have to be off the ship by 7:45am and that's gonna hurt a little.

I had read on these posts somewhere that only one of the Pyramids was off limits for climbing, The Pyramid of the Magican. Is this true? Can you still get up the main one? Or any of the other sites here? Leaving in 6 days.:eek:

Hey checklady724,

I have read that the Pyramid of the Magican is restricted now, as well as pyramids at other sites such as Chichen Itza due to vandalism. Either way, visits to both sites are on my list :D.

Have fun in a couple of days!

I am home from my cruise and had a great day visiting Uxmal. The Pyramid of the Magician is off limits for climbing. It is undergoing some renovation/restoration. You can climb another pyramid back by the govenor's house. The view from the top is spectacular. Uxmal is truly amazing. Especially when you compare it to some ancient Native American sites from around the same time period.

Anyways...just beware that the climb up is easy but the climb down can be rather frightening. I seriously had to fight off a panic attack once I looked down. The stairs are narrow, steep and there is no handrail. I was practically cursing out my husband for bringing my youngest daughter with him on the climb. My oldest handled the climb perfectly and it was her favorite part.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so muchfor the link! When we were there about five years ago, we rented a car at the end of the pier and drove to Chitzen. Hope AP gets back with me!

Hello, you won´t find any rental cars in the pier, but my family booked with this email address. autoprogresotours@hotmail.com

Hope this helps!!!;)

Archived