AI resorts?

brokenlola

To add: I spent a couple of nights at the Reef Yucatan during a two week vacation to the Yucatan 4 or 5 yrs ago. Very nice facility. Food ok but not spectacular. Beautiful pool, nice beach, tennis courts, etc. A bit dull when I was there but there were 40 german tourists checking in as I was leaving.

Do they have a shuttle or would you need to take a taxi??

You can catch a combi or taxi to go to the Reef Yucatan. But, honestly there is no reason to do an AI in Progreso. The beach is open to everyone and the prices of food and drink are very reasonable at all the beach side bars and eateries.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of years ago the day rate was $65 but you could book on the pier for about $45 with transportation. Food is limited and just so-so. "Hamburgesas" hot dogs, salads and cookies. Drinks were very good. Yes they have a website. The ride is 30-40 minutes each way. Day trippers are limited to the eats at the palapa by the pool, not the cafeteria style dining room.

• 1 month later...

I was at an AI Resort two weeks ago!!! we spent such a great time in the Reef Club drinking a lot of pina colada, a couple of margaritas and nachos con qeso. Then my party and I decided to go to the ruins instead of skip them. There was seaweed on progreso beach, but not at the Resort. I Definitely reccomend this tour.Our rep. was Christy through tours@autoprogreso.com in case you want to do this tour.

Progresso Rockssss!!!:cool:

AutoProgreso runs the shuttle that will take you from the pier into town - you don't have any choice in the matter - that's how you get from the pier to town. They will tell you on the bus of all the different excursions they offer. The Yucatan Reef Club AI is one. When you get off the shuttle, you are right there at their kiosk where they sell the tickets for all the excursions. You just buy your tickets there. They'll instruct you which bus to get on and when. It's a fun day!

Archived