Anyone been to Uman on the way to Uxmal?

parentsof5

We will be stopping briefly on our way back from Uxmal and am wondering what to expect. I guess it has a market and would like to know what that is like.

We stopped there with our local guide. The centuries old church is nice with its stories. The market is neat to see how people actually get by without having a WalMart in town. :) Our guide said Uman is real, small town Mexico.

• 1 month later...

Back and thought I would update. We enjoyed visiting Uman. Because our ship came in latter then expected, and it took well over an hour to get to Progreso from the Pier (can't imagine how long it took the 500+ people behind us to get over), we were very late in arriving in Uman, but enjoyed seeing everything. Would love to go back and see it early in the morning.

I took some 'boat people' there this morning, the market was abuzz and we had salbutes there for breakfast along with mangos with chile and some bread from the bakery. Looked in the church as well, before continuing on to Uxmal. Everyone seemed to enjoy it!

Archived