Tiki souvenirs

jcruise67

When Dw and went on our first cruise in 1998 on Carnival Inspiration, there was a portable Tiki Bar on rollers at the pool deck everyday. I knew it was what I needed in my backyard. I built a stationary one (12' by 12'). Since then we have cruised the Caribbean 10 times. When we visit the ports, I pick out one island souvenir to place in the bar. On our last cruise I purchased a Captains Wheel and hung it up in the Tiki Bar. I have collected items from Aruba license plates, Tiki poles, pictures, wooden figurines, etc. This is a great hobby for me now.

John

I love that. We tend to be collectors and I like to have some purpose when I collect. I am going to bring back some decorative collectibles now.If our 1st cruise goes well then I'll be able to collect everytime we cruise.

Thanks.

That Tiki Bar sounds fun.

People must love coming over for summer drinks to your home. Enjoy.

It is a ton of fun. I put on Jimmy Buffet or another kind of tropical music and relax in the backyard. I put a sound system in the TikiBar with a CD stereo player. Its our island oasis right at home. I actually have beer taps running through the bar and a kegerator that is operable all year round.

John

Archived