Carnival Liberty Wedding Review- 4/9/11

Hey everyone! I've been back for a few days from our wedding cruise on the Carnival Liberty. (We got married on the first day before embarking on 4/9/11 in Miami) Our ceremony was in the Tapestry Room and our reception was in the Stage Lounge. We had 25 guests. 23 were sailing and 2 were non-sailing.

We flew in the morning before to Ft. Lauderdale and took a taxi to Miami. The night before the ceremony we stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites Miami Airport South. It was a wonderful hotel and they gave us a great discount because we had a group. The rooms were $89. With tax and everything I believe they were about $100. The hotel provided us with a shuttle the morning of. All you have to do is go to the front desk the night before and tell her how many people and what time, and it will be there. The shuttle to the port was $10 per person.

I had someone come and do my hair and makeup at my hotel room in the morning. He came at 8 and our shuttle left at 10. It was the perfect amount of time. I used http://www.beautybynoel.com and was very happy with it! I used airbrush make up so that it stayed on longer.

When we got to the port, we just walked right in and went in the special VIP boarding line. It went really quick. Our coordinator met us right past security and greeted all of our guests. She was the biggest sweetheart ever! I gave her our cake topper at this time. We got our cake topper from http://www.etsy.com/shop/mudcards. We sent her pictures of us and my dress and she custom made it. I LOVE it and it's something that we will keep out forever. After everyone was checked in, we were taken to a VIP room before we boarded the ship. Everyone sat and Mike and I went over the ceremony with the wedding officiant. We then boarded the ship. We were on board by 11 or 11:15. (We got to the dock by 10:30) We actually had a lot of time, so we went and got food. They had our room decorated beautifully, with towels shaped into two kissing swans and rose petals all over the bed. We went back and steamed my dress a little bit. It got a little wrinkled from traveling with it. (We bought a hand steamer and it was a great buy. We used it the entire trip.) Once I was ready, our photographer came and took some pictures in the room of me getting ready. Our photographer's name was Melbin. He was really nice. Then we went out to a couple rooms and took a few photographs. We went back to my room and our coordinator came and got me when I was ready and took me to the Tapestry Room. The ceremony was perfect. I loved it. The officiant was wonderful, as was the photographer who took shots the entire time.

We then moved into the reception at the Stage Lounge. I'm really glad we had the lounge instead of the disco because the lounge was more traditional and the disco has giant tattooed hands and feet. (Fun place to party, but not what I wanted for a wedding) We had the technological technician or whatever for the reception. He played our CDs, which I liked because I got to pick the music. (from what I understand, for the DJ he plays top 40's and then like just your special songs for the dance and stuff. I wanted to choose all the music since it's a short reception) We cut the cake and did the toast. The champagne glasses are really cute and you get to keep them. The cake was DELICIOUS!!! We got mixed tiers of white and chocolate cake, chocolate filling, and white butter cream frosting on the outside. It was amazing. (and they bring you it at dinner when you go too) I didn't eat much of the food, but I did have the chicken nuggets which were amazing. Everyone else enjoyed the food though. The reception was great. The open bar was perfect because everyone could order anything they wanted. They also had waiters walking around with trays of premade drinks that people could take. I encouraged everyone to drink up since it was the only time on the cruise drinks would be free! :P Everyone had an amazing time.

My flower bouquet was from: http://www.etsy.com/shop/modagefloral. I loved it and love that I can keep it forever. (The one Carnival provides is a small, plain white one, but they are real flowers which die. I wanted one to keep.)

We went to take more pictures together after the reception and then had the muster drill which was pretty funny because everyone was drunk from the reception.

The cruise sent a delivery to our room that night with our champagne glasses, flowers, cake topper, and chocolate covered strawberries to thank us.

As far as the cruise went, it was the best week of my entire life. I loved it. For anyone questioning if they want to do this, do it. I don't regret a single thing and there is nothing that I would change.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have! I'll attach a few photos, but if you want more just let me know and I'll send you them!

2r5sw7p.jpg

10ie1wl.jpg

2r2lyjn.jpg

11ax5ll.jpg

2mmv1n5.jpg

Thank you so much for your post. I too was contemplating having my wedding on the Liberty in May 2012. Im happy you told us about the 2 rooms. I would have never known. Your pictures came out beautiful! Congratulations!!

Thanks! If you tell your coordinator you do not want it in the disco, they will put that in your file and you won't have to have it there. I was open to anything BUT that. I just didn't want giant tattooed hands and feet all over my wedding photos!

Hey! Just wanted to say hi because I was also married on the same cruise, except we did it on the beach in Jamaica and it was wonderful. Our photographer was also Melbin and he took fantastic photos. Overall, we had a great experience and I'm glad you did too.

You look beautiful!

You looked beautiful! Very pretty dress...... Thank you for sharing your review. Every time I read someone else's review it makes me feel like it "Everything will be ok". The unknown can be scary:)

I too found and purchased a hand steamer and thought that it would come in handy but I had mentioned this to my coordinator (after she told me that the ship had no dry cleaning or steaming services available) and she told me that it would not be allowed on the ship (because it would be considered a fire hazard). Where did you pack your steamer? (carry on or checked bags?) Also did anyone say anything to you about it? Curious to know because I would love to bring mine with me.

• 1 month later...

Archived