observations regarding the Serenade

Just returned from the Serenade on 4-16 and I have a few observations I would like to post. Keep in mind that I have only one other cruise (Explorer) to compare this one to.

This ship is beautiful, easy to get around and the staff were all very friendly.

Drinks in the schooner bar were tops. Great Manhattan.

If you lean against the wall of the elevator you may end up pushing all the floor buttons. This happened to many adults, so no kids can be blamed.

Food was just food in the dinning room though the service was great. There was a night that nothing looked appealing. I enjoyed the choices on the Explorer more.

Ate at Chops one night. I did not particularly like my NY Strip. It had seasoning on it which I feel ruined the flavor. Others in my party had the filet mignon and loved it. The shrimp cocktail was large and tasty, crab cakes delicious, and atmosphere quiet. We would have gone back the next night but it was booked.

The bar-b-que at the pool was awesome. You could eat all the ribs you wanted!!

We never had a problem finding chairs on deck.

The production shows were good. But the rest of the entertainment was so-so. A violinest was the headliner.

The captain was great. His little trip down to the Pitons in St. Lucia was a real highlight. Try to get on the heliopad for that one!

Just returned from the Serenade on April 9 - loved it!

Never went to chops, but had the filet mignon, crab cakes and shrimp cocktail in Reflections (on different nights)....all were great!

on our at-sea day, the captain gave us an island tour of Montserrat, Nevis, St. Kitts and Saba........it was a fanatastic way to spend the day!!! a definite highlight of the cruise! (also cruised by the Pitons....but while in St. Lucia we did the land-and-sea tour which brought us to Soufriere)

the staff was fantastic!

will have to apologize to our own kids for constantly lecturing them about the elevator buttons ("we hope you have NEVER done that!!") - they claimed they had never done it but noticed that it happened when adult leaned against them.....we chalked it up to 'other kids' - OOPS!

Archived