110,000-Ton Liberty to Operate Series of 12-Day Med Cruises Beginning in May 06

Flip2cruise

Well, its official

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050512/flth024.html?.v=7

Carnival Cruise Lines to Return to Europe Next Year

Thursday May 12, 2:08 pm ET 110,000-Ton Carnival Liberty to Operate Series of 12-Day Med Cruises Beginning in May 2006

MIAMI, May 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Following strong consumer response to its first-ever Mediterranean cruises set to debut aboard the new Carnival Liberty this summer, Carnival Cruise Lines has announced that the vessel will return for a second time for a full season of Med cruises beginning in May 2006.

The 110,000-ton SuperLiner, which is currently under construction in Monfalcone, Italy, will operate a series of 15 12-day "Grand Mediterranean" cruises round-trip from Rome (Civitavecchia) May 7 - Oct. 22, 2006. The itinerary includes extended port calls in seven magnificent locations: Naples, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Venice, Italy (two-day call); Messina, Sicily; Barcelona, Spain; Cannes, France; and Livorno, Italy.

Prior to and following this program, Carnival Liberty will operate 14- and 16-day transatlantic voyages between Rome (Civitavecchia) and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., in April and November 2006, respectively. Carnival Liberty will also operate a schedule of six- and eight-day Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale Nov. 12, 2005 - April 15, 2006 and then will resume that program on Nov. 19, 2006.

"Because consumers can experience a broad range of destinations in a single voyage, cruising is fast becoming one of the most popular ways to see Europe -- and with the high dollar-to-euro ratio, one of the most affordable, as well," said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO. "Our efforts at expanding our 'Fun Ship' itinerary choices include having an ongoing presence in Europe and we're delighted that the Carnival Liberty will return to the region with even more exciting Mediterranean voyages next year," he added.

Exciting Mediterranean Itineraries

Carnival Liberty's seven-port, 12-day Mediterranean cruises feature some of the most charming and historic cities throughout Italy, Spain, France and Croatia, and offer opportunities for guests to tour the region's most popular destinations, including Capri, Taormina, Monte Carlo, Florence and Pisa, just to name a few. More than 80 different shore excursions, including guided museum tours and day-long trips to centuries-old cities and landmarks, will also be offered.

The two-day call in Venice is particularly noteworthy, providing guests an opportunity to dine in the city's many outstanding restaurants, view stunning architecture, and tour magnificent museums, cathedrals and other landmarks. A variety of pre- and post-cruise hotel packages will be available in conjunction with these voyages.

Value-Packed Transatlantic Voyages

Immediately preceding and following its 2006 Mediterranean cruises, Carnival Liberty will operate two transatlantic cruises -- a 14-day cruise departing Fort Lauderdale April 23 and arriving Rome (Civitavecchia) May 7, 2006, and a 16-day sailing departing Rome (Civitavecchia) Nov. 3, and arriving Fort Lauderdale Nov. 19, 2006.

The 14-day transatlantic cruise features four port calls including St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; Malaga, Spain; and Livorno, Italy. Featured ports on the 16-day voyage include Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca and Malaga, Spain; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles.

Signature 'Fun Ship' Amenities

The fourth in Carnival's Conquest-class, Carnival Liberty will offer a wide range of "resort-style" amenities and facilities -- four restaurants, including twin two-level main dining rooms, an expansive Lido eatery and a reservations-only supper club -- as well as 22 lounges and bars with dramatic interiors that celebrate great artisan works.

Carnival Liberty will also house four swimming pools, an Internet cafe, a jogging track, an on-board duty-free shopping mall, a 13,300-square-foot health club, and a 4,200-square-foot children's play area, part of the top- rated "Camp Carnival" program. An 1,800-square-foot teen club/game room will also be included, along with a comprehensive golf program featuring top courses in Italy, France and Spain.

Of the ship's 1,487 staterooms, 60 percent will offer either an ocean view or balcony -- perfect for scenic European cruising.

Pricing and Reservations

Carnival will begin accepting reservations for Carnival Liberty's 2006 Mediterranean and transatlantic cruises on May 25, 2005. Prices for the Mediterranean cruises begin at $1,299 per person; the 14-day transatlantic voyage departing Apr. 23, 2006 starts at $799 per person; and the 16-day transatlantic voyage departing Nov. 3 begins at $1199 per person. All rates are based on double occupancy. Special rates for third and fourth guests sailing in the same stateroom, along with "FlyAweigh" air supplements from nearly 70 North American gateways, are also available.

Carnival, a unit of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE: CCL; LSE) (NYSE: CUK - News), is the largest and most popular cruise line in the world, with 20 "Fun Ships" operating voyages ranging from three to 16 days in length to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England and Europe.

For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit http://www.carnival.com .

WOW!! The 14-day transatlantic voyage departing Apr. 23, 2006 starts at $799 per person;The 14-day transatlantic cruise features four port calls including St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; Malaga, Spain; and Livorno, Italy.Carnival will begin accepting reservations for Carnival Liberty's 2006 Mediterranean and transatlantic cruises on May 25, 2005

Sign me up!!!:p I will be calling on May 25th!!

Thanks for posting this info. Last night we were with friends who recently returned from a Princess cruise roundtrip to Hawaii. After they tormented us about not going with them, they convinced us that we should join them next year in a Trans Atlantic trip to or from Europe. They wanted to go on the Grand Princes but I would much rather make the trip on the very new Carnival Liberty. I'll have to mark 5/25 as the date to contact my online agent for info.

The best part is I'll be newly retired and won't have to juggle for vacation time..

Thanks for posting this info. Last night we were with friends who recently returned from a Princess cruise roundtrip to Hawaii. After they tormented us about not going with them, they convinced us that we should join them next year in a Trans Atlantic trip to or from Europe. They wanted to go on the Grand Princes but I would much rather make the trip on the very new Carnival Liberty. I'll have to mark 5/25 as the date to contact my online agent for info.

The best part is I'll be newly retired and won't have to juggle for vacation time..

Are you thinking about the FLL to Rome in April or the Rome to Fll in November?

I'm really not sure yet. Our friends originally mentioned flying to and sailing back but that was only a thought. I will definately have to research this. I'll be on vacation in Florida next week but if I have time I may call my online agency to see if I can get some figures.

I'm really not sure yet. Our friends originally mentioned flying to and sailing back but that was only a thought. I will definately have to research this. I'll be on vacation in Florida next week but if I have time I may call my online agency to see if I can get some figures.

Im also anxious to see the prices and how the sea days are spread out.

Archived