Question about Progresso and Authentic Colonial Spanish Hacienda

cawsings

I did a quick search to see if anyone has posted about this excursion before...and it came up with pretty much my same question with no response.

My parents, husband, and I are booked on this excursion for our cruise in 9 days (!!!!). Just wondering if anyone's done this excursion before. It says you can swim...is it worth taking swimming attire?? Don't want to go to the trouble of taking stuff if its not a very long part of the excursion.

Also, it says you can remain in Progresso to shop longer (and get yourself back to the pier) or they'll take you back at a specific time. Having never been to this port before, do you think (or know if you've done this excursion)it would require a taxi ride or could we walk to the pier?

First the pier is over four miles long. There is a free bus that shuttles passengers to and from the ship. You catch the bus back at a marketplace in Town, easy to find. So if you wanted to do some shopping and its a lot cheaper than Cozumel, you'll probably do your shopping at this marketplace or at the Malecon on the beach, which is a short distance away; couple of blocks. You can also get some food and drink on the Malecon, take a swim in the water, and/or hang out on the beach. A couple at our table on our last cruise did this tour and really enjoyed the visit to the Hacienda. They did some shopping when they came back before heading back to the ship.

Have a great trip!

Archived