Cruise from Baltimore!! Grandeur of the Seas!

molfritz

I just posted this on the group cruise board, but thought I would also post over here to see if anyone was interested.

Just looking for anyone interested in joining us for our cruise next summer/fall on Royal Carribean's Grandeur of the Seas. It is a 5 night cruise that goes to Bermuda.

Here are some possible dates:

August 13

August 27

September 24

October 8

October 22

We would be willing to go in June or July as well. However, the best prices look to be in late Aug or Sept/Oct. I guess this is due to hurricanes, but I'm thinking since we are going to Bermuda that may not be as much of an issue as the Carribean. I don't have any definites yet. I'm just looking for anyone who would be interested first.

This cruise is perfect for those who live in the mid-atlantic region because you would not have to fly.

We saw a lot of large groups on our first cruise last year and we thought it looked like a lot of fun. So, let's try and get a group together!!

Please post if you are interested and the dates that work best for you!!

Jen

Would love to see you guys...........we are going on a western caribbean out of Baltimore 7 july, 2006. There are 7 of us girls.....no hubbies or kids. We are all prior or still military and have known each other for over 15 years.................if you chnage your itinerary...........let us know!!!!! And if not, have a great cruise!

We are doing Grandeur's 9 night sailing August 18, 2006. We got a group rate and already have about 24 people going. Anyone interested post here and I can send you details. We might even have a bus going down to Baltimore from NJ area, but have some people in the MD area as qwell going. All are welcome.:p

I'm so jealous-- a 9 night cruise!! I think that may be a little out of our pricerange. Did you get an awesome deal by going with a large group? Can I have details please. We will probably still stay with our 5 night, though, but it might be worth checking into.

Thanks,

Jen

Would love to see you guys...........we are going on a western caribbean out of Baltimore 7 july, 2006. There are 7 of us girls.....no hubbies or kids. We are all prior or still military and have known each other for over 15 years.................if you chnage your itinerary...........let us know!!!!! And if not, have a great cruise!

Just wondering what rate you got. We got a great group rate, but just want to confirm it's as good as we could get. We are traveling 8/18/06, but wanted to compare it to your sailing. Thanks.

Dem:

We are staying in the Royal Family Suite and it averaged out to about 1,600 per person. Not sure if that is a great deal, but we wanted to all be together in the same room.....we only do this every 3 years and it is just the girls no husbands or kids! .......and we looked into oceanview with balconies that connected...........there were not 3 that connected just 2 and the price came out about the same. Please realize that we are not rich by any means and we only get to do this every three years and I can tell you, we have been saving from the last day of our last reunion! LOL We have alot of "things" planned for our cruise for the group. I am making each of the girls personalized tote bags, we have door decorations for our cabin door for everyday, we have a "scavenger" hunt planned for just us....should be interesting! (Would love to give you some of the required finds, but this post would probably get kicked off! LOL) I will leave it to say that it will include us having to get other passengers involved somewhat, but will be totally harmless to all involved.........just a great time! I am sure our biggest bill will be alcohol and shopping, but what fun!

If you need any info on Baltimore, let me know I am about 30 minutes from there and more than willing to help!

Hm....

Would we be able to swap ideas of what to do for a group? I have put together a newsletter, with infor for our upcoming cruise if you would share some of your ideas of group activities. I am always looking for ideas. My email is tdembek@optonline.net If you send me an email, I can forward you the monthly newsletter that will have cruising articles, articles on the ports and cruising tips. I can put you on the monthly distribution list if you'd like.

-DEM920:)

Hm....

Would we be able to swap ideas of what to do for a group? I have put together a newsletter, with infor for our upcoming cruise if you would share some of your ideas of group activities. I am always looking for ideas. My email is tdembek@optonline.net If you send me an email, I can forward you the monthly newsletter that will have cruising articles, articles on the ports and cruising tips. I can put you on the monthly distribution list if you'd like.

-DEM920:)

I sent you an email about also being include on the group cruise idea swap. I'm not sure how much I have to share at this point, because this is my first one.

Jen

For anyone interested I will share any and all of my "girls" cruise stuff. Please feel free to contact me by e-mail at hmsulli@msn.com with questions or requests. I have spent alot of time doing research about the cruise, shore excursions, group activities, packing lists, don't forget before you leave home.................etc. I have a whole 3 inch binder of all my "stuff" that i have collected! I have been given the new nick-name "Julia the Cruise Director" by the girls! LOL Just being on a cruise is awesome enough, but the memories you make on that cruise with your group will make it even better! I look forward to hearing from you!

Hey Beth,

Would you mind posting this on the group forum. I think we need to have some interest over there before we can begin getting group rates from the travel agents. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=246598

I have done some research on my own for this cruise and it looks like August is a lot more expensive due to it being in the summer (kids off school). I'm still considering it, but I also have my eye on October 8th. Would that work for you?

Jen

Archived