Alcohol Question

kelleyd

Have a question for you...in a post I just read someone mentioned buying liqueor on board to drink in their room.

Princess doesn't confiscate all the alcohol you buy until the last night? If you buy it on the ship, you can have it for your room? Is this correct?

If you purchase a bottle of liquor on board and pay the extra $9-$10 (whatever it is) additional fee,you can consume it in your room.

The same holds true if you order through room service.

"a bad day at sea is better than a great day at work and a lousy day at sea is still pretty damn good!"

We had ordered booze for our room before our cruise and it was available in our room when we got there. There is no extrac charge for this and the price was just what we would pay here for alcohol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kelleyd:

Have a question for you...in a post I just read someone mentioned buying liqueor on board to drink in their room.

Princess doesn't confiscate all the alcohol you buy until the last night? If you buy it on the ship, you can have it for your room? Is this correct?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Less expensive if you wait to board and order through room service. Ordering it ahead of time and having it in your room when you arrive will cost you a few bucks more.

Just call room service and ask that they deliver a price list if there is not one in your folder in your cabin (which there usually is).

Not that bad in price, for instance: Absolute $20 litre, Barcardi $20 litre, the one that is high is Jack Daniels, if memory serves me correctly, it was around $35 litre.

They have an entire list of everything from coconut rum to gin and whiskeys, sure makes it nice to have a drink in the stateroom.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

It's the booze (not wine) that you buy in port that the confiscate and hold til the end of the cruise.

There's usually one bar on-board ship where you can buy bottles to have in your room....prices are very decent..although on the longer trips they can run out of some things..so buy early.

We always take a couple of bottles packed in our suitcases.

Sky Princess 01/1999 Australia and New Zealand

Sky Princess 03/2000 China

Royal Princess 02/2002 South America

Golden Princess 05/2003 Med

Sapphire Princess 03/2005 Sydney to Bangkok

March 2005 - Sydney to Bangkok on the Sapphire

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;3;7;20;00;00&timezone=GMT+1030

Everyone is talking about bringing their own wine, champagne & hard stuff on board. Can I bring beer on at departure or even buy at port and bring back onboard?

I've read posts where people are packing bottles in their luggage. Just wondered if it applies to suds as well?

It would be helpful to know since We will have just been married and graduated so $$$ is in short supply, but I guess it always is.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

I've seen people lugging around a case of beer or more and while there may be a savings,at what cost?

The choice is yours...

"a bad day at sea is better than a great day at work and a lousy day at sea is still pretty damn good!"

My husband enjoys buying local beer in ports and bringing it on board. He's never had a problem with Princess. Carnival will confiscate it until the end as I recall but it's been a while.

Once you've gone through the re-boarding procedure at the end of a shore day a few times, you'll see that it's not all that hard to smug-... rrrrr, I mean, inadvertently carry back on, a bottle or two of hard liquor from your favorite port of call. For example, checking a couple bottles whilst leaving another in your backpack, even with it going through the x-ray machine, works almost all the time.

B.

Ship_at_island.gif

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember

These moments are shared, by few

And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view

We’ll bid our farewells much too soon

So drink it up, this one’s for you -

Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."

-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

Archived