Just Back from Adventure of the Seas June 25 Part 3 Very Long

Day 4: Went to the gym. It was less crowded than on the sea day. We then went on a tour to the Sulfur Springs Volcano and the Botanical Gardens. On the way we toured the bananna fields. They were interesting. The sulfur spings volcano was very interesting. I was excited because when we went to Hawaii for my 40th birthday I got the chicken pox and did not get to do the helicoptor tour on the big island. Tomorrow however I was really looking forward to our tour to Montserrat from Antigua. The botanical gardens were very beautiful. We are not really flower people but these were really pretty. We got back to the ship and rested. We did not go to the production show, Can't stop the Rock, since we are not big on production shows. Dinner in the main dining room was a dissappointment. It was Caribbean night, even though the theme was 50's, 60's and 70's. There has always been at least one thing on the main menu that I like but tonight there was really nothing. I ended up going with the vegetarian selection. It actually turned out to be rather good. My son orderef the pasta from the alternate menu and my husband got the fish. After dinner we were off to play Adventure Quest. We had prearranged with our cruise critic friends to meet outside and sit together so we could be on the same team. This turned out to be loads of fun and one the highlights of the cruise. I would highly recommend getting a group together and doing this. It is hilarious. Day 5: We arrived in Antigua to overcast skys. This was supposed to be the highlight of the cruise. We had booked the helicoptor tour to Montserrat. I was so excited because I thought this my chance to finally see an active volcano finally. Wrong. By the time we got to the Caribbean Helicopters airfield it started to thunder and pour rain. The previous tour had been turned backed and were just arriving back. We sat in their office for a while but the rain did not let up. They told us from the weather map it looked like it was going to clear later in the day so they rescheduled our 11:30am tour to 1:30pm. We went over to the shopping area and it was still raining. We walked around the shops and at 1:00 pm it was still raining. We met up with the rep from Caribbean Helicopters and she told us the tour was going to have to be cancelled. I was so very disappointed. This was supposed to our second formal night, but I was so sad I did not feel like getting dressed. Also, the menu was once again uninspiring. The main entree was a pork chop. No, steak, no lobster, no shrimp, a pork chop. There was also fish and tortellini with blue cheese (blue cheese on macaroni seemed really weird to me and I love blue cheese). The whole menu seemed kind of odd to me. So we went Johnny Rockets and pigged out on cheese burgers, onion rings, fries and shakes. It was very good. We had a couple of coupons from the Crown and Achor books so we used them. Did not mind the price of the shakes. After dinner I was feeling a little better. My husband and I went to the ice show. It was very good. We had seen the show on Voyager and it was just as good. The production show was the Drifters. We had seen them on another ship so decided to skip this. We heard they were very good though. I was still a little sad so we turned in early. Day 6: Woke up early and went to the gym. They I went for a facial at 9:00 am. I always get a facial when I go on a cruise. It is my special treat. I get a facial and buy 1 spa product. It has worked out really well for me. Today I also noticed that they were having a special on hand and foot massages, so I decided to treat myself to a second spa treatment. I figured I deserved it since I missed the helicoptor tour. The hand and foot massage was wonderful and by the time we left of our excursion to Orient Beach I was feeling much better. We were dropped off at Waikiki Beach and I really wanted my hair braided, so we found someone to do it. It was very windy and I don't think she did a very good job. She only braided the back and charged me a ridulous price. Even though I negociated a dollar a braid prior to start she made tons of really tiny braids. I decided I would have the front fixed when we got to St. Thomas. We walked down toward Club Orient and saw some very unattractive topless and nude sunbathers. My husband and son were very unimpressed. It was then time to go. We then went to the comedy show with Johnny Sanchez. He was very funny and we really liked this show. Well, I have to go. Will post my final review later. Laura

Archived