Jewel and AB penthouse review

Indiana Canuck

Jewel, Nov 26 to Dec 3

This was our first cruise and we really enjoyed it. Having nothing to compare it to, I have to say that the ship, food and whole experience was fantastic. We arrived at the ship at 11 and were in our room by 12.

Thanks to Agent 27 for organizing a roll call site and putting together a meet and greet on the ship.

Being our first cruise, we thought the rocking of the ship was normal, but were told by many quests that this cruise was the roughest they had ever experienced. Many people, including our butler were sick. Thank goodness we were fine and actually enjoyed trying to not walk into the walls when we walked down the halls. Motion sickness bags were placed in strategic places around the ship.

We were in room 11012 which is an AB Penthouse suite with butler. The suite was amazing and the butler was good. Not very personable, but did what ever we asked for.

I would like to answer a few questions I remember being posted over the last couple of weeks.

My cingular pay-as-you-go phone worked in all ports and cost the same 25 cents a minute to call home.

I heard that people trying to smuggle in wine and booze were caught.

In the AB Penthouse suite, the following perks were

1. Upon arrival, there was a form for dinner reservations, we just completed it for the week and gave it to the butler and she made all the reservations.

2. There was a letter in the room that gave us a free dinner at any of the specialty restaurants Sunday or Monday Night.

3. Cagneys Restaurant is open for a breakfast and Lunch every day for Suite guests. This is a wonderful breakfast and lunch, in a quite setting.

4. A complementary bottle of sparkling wine was in our room as well as a fruit basket and each day, the butler brought snacks to the room in the afternoon.

5. At the private island we were given vip tickets that allowed us to get off the ship anytime.

In the AB Penthouse suite, the following perks were

3. Cagneys Restaurant is open for a breakfast and Lunch every day for Suite guests. This is a wonderful breakfast and lunch, in a quite setting.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful first cruise.:D

We are in an AB on our next cruise, so I had a question. When you went to Cagney's for breakfast or lunch, were you charged a cover as you would if you went for dinner?

Thanks

Archived