Back from 6/24/04 - 4 night Victory - Got an upgrade

gsc500

We booked the cruise less than 2 weeks out. Got our documents via Fedex before we left.

Got a great deal for a guaranteed insde (IS) cabin. Also booked a 1A guaranteed cabin for $70 less per cabin for some family friends who thought it was too great deal to pass up.

They were upgraded to cabin#7399 which was pretty high up in the inside category, I guess. Maybe we should have taken a chance and booked the upper/lower 1A cabin guaranteed and saved some $$$. But we wanted to be sure to get 2 lower beds so we splurged on the extra $70.00 per cabin.

Imagine my shock when I opened the cabin door and saw the balcony!!! I kept checking the number on the door to make sure I was in the right cabin. We got upgraded from a guaranteed inside (IS) cabin to a balcony cabin.

Our cabin number was 6427 and we were right over the Irish Sea Bar which was a sing-along bar. It kept us up every night until 1 to 2am depending on the night which was a little annoying considering that we went on the cruise to finally get to sleep early and through the night without having the kids wake me up through out the night!

But we understood the luck of the draw when you book a guaranteed cabin and the balcony compensated for the bad location. I think any cabin on the 6th floor might run into some noise but more so when you are over a bar or lounge. I just made sure to take a nap every afternoon.

I didn't get to sleep in or eat breakfast every morning because I was off to the spa at 9am to get some electrode cellulite treatment that my DH got me as a present in the hopes that he would get his slim pre-childbearing wife back again. Lol!!! I thought it was a waste fo $$$ and wouldn't have gone back if he didn't pre-pay for the darn things! I decided to stick it out and see if there were an results to the torture.

I kept thinking as electric shocks ran through my torso that I could be sleeping or eating right now! It was definitely NOT the relaxing spa treatments that I had been dreaming of. I did book a Lime/Ginger Salt rub massage for myself on the port day before we went out. Now that was definitely relaxing and worth the $$$.

Except that after walking all around Halifax for 2 1/2 hours, I was sore and needed another massage that evening! Lol! Unforturnately, no more time nor money.

I'm still in shock that I spent more at the spa than my entire cruise fare! Actually, I would have been happy to spend all that money if I could have had all of them as massges... only ONE good massage... sigh.

It was a nice time way from the kids. The food was fine. Great price. Happy with the experience.

My Mom told me that the kids slept through the night with her. The 3 year old wimpered a few times but didn't wake up. Figures.

My 3 year old woke up crying 3 times last night and kept coming to our bed. Well, I guess I'm really home...

Archived