Buying Zen Rays

merc43

Hi

Been reading all the reports on the Zen-Ray Summit binoculars,sound like good binoculars, only problem they wont send to UK.

As we are in Vancouver for 1 week this August before our cruise to Alaska was wondering if there is a shop where i could purchase a pair.

Thanks

Merc

I bought a pair just a couple of weeks ago for our Alaskan cruise in July and there was no problem having them shipped here to the UK. In fact they arrived only 5 days after I placed my order. It was very easy as I paid using PayPal. Even with the shipping charge they represent excellent value for money and I am thrilled with them. I bought them from eBay for $159.95 plus $26.25 USPS Global Priority Mail. Unfortunately they dont seem to be still available on the UK eBay site but the same company is still advertising them on the US site for the same price, so I would suggest you contact them direct. This is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zen-Ray-SUMMIT-10x42-Waterproof-Binoculars-ZenRay_W0QQitemZ110127774087QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50538QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ShippingPayment

Hope you are successful in getting a pair soon.

Before you order these binocs, be aware that there have been a few of us that got bad copies and if you ship them back you will be out of pocket $50.00. You can buy a quality pair of binocs for $185 from a UK store and be certain of what you are getting. No, they won't be as good as the $850 Steiner but I'll bet they will be as good or better than the Zen-Rays.

It is true there will be some quality variation from copy to copy. You will hear complaint even for those top end German binoculars no matter how great they are in general. I have bought two pairs and they are absolutely excellent. Now the company rep is fully aware of our forum. I sure hope they will do a better job controlling the product shipping out of them.

Thanks all, been away yesterday,

Now you have made me think about these binoculars will maybe look in the Uk before leaving have got an RSPB center near us who stock a good range plus you can look at the birds in the loch before deciding on what to buy.

Merc

Archived