Dress Code at Flying Fishbone?

Meig

Hubby and I have reservations for an early dinner (5:30pm) when we are in Aruba. We're there on a Tuesday night and there will only be one ship in port.

What is the dress code? We've got reservations for a Jeep for the day and don't necessarily want to go back to the ship before dinner (depends on where we are at the time). Can you go in shorts and a nice top or are you expected to be more dressy? We're hoping to get a table pretty much at the edge of the water so we can feel thew waves as we dine, so I'd like to be reasonably casual if I can.

TIA!

last year we went and it was very nice. i wore docker style pants, collared polo shirt, and sandals. they have racks right next to your seats for your sandals. i didnt see anyone wearing shorts when we were there and i didnt note a posted dress code. i would say everyone was dressed like i was or instead of a polo had a button down shirt.

hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
We're hoping to get a table pretty much at the edge of the water so we can feel thew waves as we dine, so I'd like to be reasonably casual if I can.
I hope you specified this in your reservation. They almost always do accommodate a request for water's edge dining on the beach, but first come first served and you must specify it.

Shorts and a nice top will be fine, but you may wish to head back to the ship to "freshen up". Aruba is extremely hot and dusty.

Are you supplying the flying fishbone with your credit card when you make your reservation? I went to their web site to make a reservation - but it is not secure (no lock on the screen; no https in the address - no 'SECURE' sticker on their site) so I didn't complete the form.:(

Is 2 days enough of a lead time to make reservations? ie) once we land in Aruba & can call them?:confused:

Thanks!!

Linda

Archived