Handicapped parking at Bayonne, NJ

Spock

We will be cruising out of Bayonne in March, and will be driving to the port. I would appreciate any info anyone came give me concerning the following:

1. Is there designated handicapped parking, and if so, where is it located?

2. On these boards, I have read some posts that indicate you drop off luggage and then drive around in a big circle to get to the parking lot (just before luggage drop off area). Other posts say the parking is just a short distance past the luggage drop off. Which is correct?

3. From the parking area, can you walk and use wheelchair to get to the terminal, or do you have to take a bus?

4. Do you walk onto the ship from the terminal or do you have to take a bus?

This is our first trip using a wheelchair, and any information about parking and actually getting onto the ship will help us in at least making mental preparations.

Thanks in advance.

:

1. Is there designated handicapped parking, and if so, where is it located? Yes, it is right up front.

2. On these boards, I have read some posts that indicate you drop off luggage and then drive around in a big circle to get to the parking lot (just before luggage drop off area). Other posts say the parking is just a short distance past the luggage drop off. Which is correct? They changed it from the first way the previous year to the second way now

3. From the parking area, can you walk and use wheelchair to get to the terminal, or do you have to take a bus? You can walk and/or take the shuttle.

4. Do you walk onto the ship from the terminal or do you have to take a bus? You must take the shuttle bus from the terminal to the ship.

I would advise, dropping your wheelchair person and the luggage off. Going and parking the car and meeting them on your way into the terminal. They are phenomenal with accessibility issues.

Archived