What the best tour to Uxmal?

tampafish

We're going to be Progreso in April and I'd like to see Uxmal. I don't see that Auto Progreso tours goes there? Are there any independent operators that go to Uxmal that you would recommend? Also, is this a do able trip for day 9 to 6 in port?

We just got back from taking a tour to Uxmal this week with AutoProgreso tours. They require 6-8 people minimum to take the tour. Email them and tell them you are interested and they will let you know if others are interested. We had 6 people with reservations and they added two people at the port. Great tour, lots of flexibility, can do lunch or not. Plenty of time for your port times. We have been to four different ruins sites and believe we enjoyed Uxmal the best.

Tess -

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Do you remember how much the tour was? Did the group vote to stop and eat? Would you recommend packing a snack and your own water?

How long total was the tour?

Thanks!!!!!

Tampafish

The tour lasted from 10:30 until about 3:00. We kinda voted as a group not to do lunch. Most of us had a few snacks and drinks with us, although the driver stopped at a 7-11 for several and there were snacks and a restaurant at the ruins. Price was $49/person.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
We're going to be Progreso in April and I'd like to see Uxmal. I don't see that Auto Progreso tours goes there? Are there any independent operators that go to Uxmal that you would recommend? Also, is this a do able trip for day 9 to 6 in port?

tampafish - I too am going to Progreso in April and my group is considering either Chichen Itza or Uxmal with Auto Progreso. I have read a lot on both places and I am voting for Uxmal. Go to Auto Progreso's website and send them an email. I communicated with Gerardo. They were quick with their response(s) and they will supply other details such as length of time each tour takes, price, whether food/drink is available, how many people they require, etc. The website does not have a lot info, but if you ask a specific question, I think you will find the answer you are looking for;).

I am cruising with Carnival and will be there on April 26th, when will you be there?

I also have family that live in Spring Hill, but since a lot of people don't know Spring Hill, I tell them a little north of Tampa:D.

T523

We did the tour with Autoprogresso. We did get time to do lunch at the restaraunt there. It was good and our family of 5 feasted for $30.

Did you book ahead of time or when you got off the ship??? We are leaving in a week and I have been lax about my preparations this trip...trying to find something to do kind of last minute!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived