Celebrity Summit October 15, 2004

arljay

Ship: A beautiful ship with many smiling faces all around. We loved our room 6074 with a veranda and it was great on a 10 day cruise. Oscar was the best cabin stewart we ever had. He even came running whenever he saw us in the hallway so he could open our door for us. Such wonderful service.

Food was good - some evenings even great. What I liked the most was if I did not see an appetizer I liked I could always order Shrimp Cocktail. There were eight of us at the table and thirty in the group. We didn't try alternate dining because we were having too much fun in the diningroom. The late night pizza was great - Waterfall Cafe at the Pizza & Passta Corner 3pm until 1am and we were there each and every night. The luncheon Pasta station reeked of garlic and we had to move away from where we were sitting - the garlic was overpowering. Pasta dishes were wonderful and a good variety each lunch. The Waterfall Cafe was our favorite place to meet and eat each day.

We went on two trips - one to St Barths which was a total waste. They never told us that all the shops were boarded up. The season hadn't started so nothing was opened. We walked the streets until exahaused just waiting to go back on board the Summitt. Never again.

The second one was on St. Kitts - Narrow Guage Railroad - it was a nice trip and the railroad was very interesting. They served free drinks and had a couple of snacks. It was something a person does maybe only once. The afternoon group really had a bad time - terrible rainstorm and it washed the side of the mountain down onto the RR tracks so the passengers had to walk to the nearest road for buses to pick them up. They were two hours late getting back and because there were 150 of them the Captain made an announcement and held the ship. Nice.

We went to Meagans Bay at St. Thomas by cab - $12.00 per person round trip, $3.00 to get onto the beach and $6.00 if you wanted a chaise lounge.

There are many tables and benches close to the water and under the trees. It was a lovely morning and we were back on board for lunch.

I would sail with Celebrity again but my husband and I love Royal Caribbean.

The extra nice things they do on Celebrity are great but we felt as though we fit better on a less fancy ship. Royal Caribbean gives us the feeling that we are part of their family. Love that feeling. We had and have had great cruises. This was our 54th cruise for our 54th Anniversary.

Archived