Texas Hold'em on Pearl

cruisegal134

My DH is a big fan of Texas Hold'em and I believe there is a table or two dedicated to that on The Pearl? Can anyone confirm that and would anyone know the table limits?

Thanks!

Yes 1 $3/$6 limit table in the evening and on sea days there is a no limit tournament $60 buyin 30 people max.

3dblouder

Wow this is great news as I'm a long time poker player and thought the only way to play poker on a cruise ship was if I took a CardPlayer poker cruise. Unfortunately we will be on the Jewel instead of the Pearl so does anyone know if poker is spread on the Jewel. Not Caribbean Stud, 3 card poker, etc but real Texas Holdem.

Thanks!

Wow this is great news as I'm a long time poker player and thought the only way to play poker on a cruise ship was if I took a CardPlayer poker cruise. Unfortunately we will be on the Jewel instead of the Pearl so does anyone know if poker is spread on the Jewel. Not Caribbean Stud, 3 card poker, etc but real Texas Holdem.

Thanks!

Yes, they have one Poker Table where they deal $5/$10 limit Holdem.

Unfortunately, they take a pretty big rake. 10% with a cap of $10.

They also have the NL tournament on Sea days. $60 with unlimited rebuys in the first hour.

Yes, they have one Poker Table where they deal $5/$10 limit Holdem.

Unfortunately, they take a pretty big rake. 10% with a cap of $10.

They also have the NL tournament on Sea days. $60 with unlimited rebuys in the first hour.

Thanks - I'll probably give it a shot but, you are correct, the rake is horrible and I'm not a fan of limit but at least it is poker :)

I'll probably play in the tournament but IMHO unlimited rebuy NL tournaments are a crap shoot more than a true test and I like freeze outs. Again I guess I shouldn't be too picky as I've not had any poker options on previous sailings and thought I'd have to take a dedicated cardplayer poker cruise for that to happen.

Thanks for the info

I can't tell you about the Pearl, but on my most recent cruise on the Sun they had a table set up, but set the blinds at 10/20 and could never get a game going. They dropped it to 5/10 on the last sea day, but it was too late to find any interest. NCL had $10 minimums on all table games, and never dropped them even during slow daytime hours. More NCL freestyle choices?

Archived