Caribbean Princess Emerald Deck Oceanview???

KROME1380

Has anyone been in an emerald deck oceanview cabin on the caribbean princess? If so how was it. My cabin states it has an "obstructed view". Just how obstructed is the view. Is it worth the extra couple hundred dollars for this stateroom instead of an inside cabin. My salesperson was trying to increase her commission by getting me to purchase a higher level oceanview stateroom for an extra $150pp stating the view wouldnt be limited to life boats directly in front of the window as is the oceanview room I already purchased. If there are life boats directly in front of my window and no view of the ocean, why would it be called an oceanview stateroom? Please someone who has been on the emerald deck in an oceanview cabin please explain how the view is and let me know if my salesperson was trying to earn extra commission or actually telling the truth.

Thanks in advance!:)

:) We had E623 and E625 Jan. 21-29th. Both were obstructed. No, you could not see the Ocean exactly. E623 was completely obstructed. The Lifeboat was directly in front of the window. E625 had a very partial view, if you looked hard to the right. It did not bother us. We just wanted a window. It let the light in, and we could tell whether it was night or day. If you need to see the ocean, don't take the obstructed views. We spent so little time in the cabin, it really was not an issue for us. I would book the same again if the price was right.

By the way, it was a wonderful cruise. Enjoyed everything!

The Barb

I am with The Barb on this one. We had reserved an inside cabin for 4 last summer for our March cruise. Its our second cruise with Princess.

We received an upgrade to obstructed view on Emerald deck (Caribbean Princess). We are seldom in the room except to change or sleep...there are plenty of windows and open deck space to enjoy the view.

Save a few bucks for extras - the bar bill, pop card, trinkets, etc.

Hi there, I was on the Emerald deck in an obstructed view cabin in Jan 05. If you look at the diagram of the Emerald deck, you will see that some of the cabins see between the lifeboats. I was in E627 and it was right between two lifeboats and afforded a very reasonable view outside. I was able to see the ocean and the ports where we docked. If you can get a cabin like 627 then I think you'd be pretty happy with it.

Archived