Can't book dining packages for our cruise

savaanah

Contacted Celebrity and purchased drinks up-grade no problem. When I tried to purchase a dining package was told that I can't because our cruise was over the holiday's xmas and the new year on Eclipse.Can anyone explain why this is so and will we be able to book when we board? what will our chances be?

Contacted Celebrity and purchased drinks up-grade no problem. When I tried to purchase a dining package was told that I can't because our cruise was over the holiday's xmas and the new year on Eclipse.Can anyone explain why this is so and will we be able to book when we board? what will our chances be?

"Holiday" cruises are extremely popular and the specialty restaurants are also extremely busy on these cruises. Celebrity have absolutely no need to offer incentives to fill the restaurants.

You should be able to book the restaurants once on board [they only pre-sell a limited number of reservations on any cruise] but you will need to do it quickly before they fill up.

Edited by Project_gal

Call back at a different time of day... And if need be talk to a Supervisor

We too are cruising in December, the first phone Rep I spoke to told me that she could not book me... When I pressed further she claimed it was because the Specialty Dining Venues "were closed due to a Special Event"

I did not think that right so, I called back another time

This time the Phone Rep told me there seemed to be a system computer glitch that was making the booking difficult.

This I believe.

Afterall many here on CC have reported the same when trying to book things online... And in fact, I think that probably was the issue the first Celebrity Phone Rep had but did not recognize the problem

I asked to speak to a Supervisor, to whom I explained my frustration at trying to book this now a second time by phone (and that I had also tried on line as well)

That person took my booking & credit card details. Said they would make sure the booking was processed.

I asked for confirmation...

The next day I got an email confirmation from Celebrity. And the charge showed up on my CC the following day.

So ya, try again, and hopefully you'll be successful too

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB