UK Reviews of the Week by comino89, captain102 & MrCoffeeGuy!

Admin

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select three cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Emerald Princess Good but others are better value by comino89

This was my 5th cruise and first with Princess (been Royal Caribbean, MSC and Costa previously). Booked to celebrate our Silver wedding anniversary we chose the Baltic capitals as a celebratory trip leaving our teenage daughter at home this time. We chose Princess after comparing prices, itinerary, available cabins etc. We really enjoyed our trip, visited some great cities and were blessed by some lovely sunny weather, calm seas and spectacular sunsets. Overall Princess did a good job but my wife an I were left thinking was it really worth the premium price Princess charge compared with MSC or Costa (whom we have travelled with previously). I don't want to be too negative as this would be unfair but we probably wouldn't choose to cruise with Princess again unless there was a really good deal available or the itinerary wasn't available from others. Continue reading... Good but others are better value

Insignia 1st time with Oceania - Holy Lands June 2014 by captain102

Like all our previous cruises, we booked this only for the itinerary. Oceania was an unknown brand to us, so we were interested to see if it was true to all the raving reviews. This was Insignia’s ‘rechristening’ cruise, as apparently it had been on loan for a couple of years, and was now back in the Oceania fleet. As such, the Founding Chairman and his good lady were aboard for the duration, and although they were seen from time to time, they tended to keep a low profile. ( After the debacle of the previous week’s cruise I don’t exactly blame them!) I’m sure someone will have reviewed that cruise on here somewhere. Continue reading... 1st time with Oceania - Holy Lands June 2014

Norwegian Star NCL Star Baltic Cruise June 24th 2014 by MrCoffeeGuy

Got an early flight out of Gatwick with Easyjet, no problems. Found a nice Starbucks at Copenhagen Airport (coffee is important to us as you will see) two medium capucchinos at 45 DK (£5) each. Got a cab to the Langlinie cruise port, 450DK (£50), Denmark is not a cheap place. Check in quick and painless, on board by 12.15pm, bit of lunch by the pool, lovely sunny day and in our stateroom by 1.30pm. Inside cabin on deck 5, plenty big enough with a nice big shower. Bit of a nap before the boat drill then unpack cases and meet room steward. Delightful Indonesian guy, couldn’t do enough for us for the rest of the cruise. Continue reading... NCL Star Baltic Cruise June 24th 2014

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin