UK Reviews of the Week by Rascal1, ejayen1 & An rook!

Admin

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select three cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Celebrity Eclipse First celebrity cruise by previous Princess cruiser by Rascal1

We've just returned from our first Celebrity Cruise onboard the Eclipse. It was a 8 day Norwegian Fjords cruise. We are a couple in our mid 40s and this will be our 5th cruise, the rest have been on Princess. Our holidays are all about the ports, relaxing and recharging our batteries, we like great service but hate hard sell. I've done comparisons to Princess where we noticed differences and have tried to be constructive. I'm sure others on the same cruise would have different perceptions but these are ours. Embarkation was a breeze, we stayed at the holiday inn in Southampton and were able to walk to the ship, the process was smooth and there were only 3 people in front of us at check in and security. Our check in time was 12, we arrived bang on 12 so don't know whether we would have had to wait if we were early. Continue reading... First celebrity cruise by previous Princess cruiser

Ventura Second Ventura Cruise by emjayen1

This was our second trip on the Ventura and already had two cruises on the Azura. Ships are the same layout but still managed to take wrong turnings. On the whole though the ships easy to find your way around. Flew from Manchester, flight P & O Thomson charter which was fine, all run to times. Airport to Cruise Terminal and Embarkation seamless, though had a wait of 20 minutes for Italian Police to show re embarkation. Accessed our cabin relatively quickly, luggage soon after. Greeted by a smiley Vijaya, very pleasant cabin steward who kept the cabin spotless. Continue reading... Second Ventura Cruise

Thomson Dream Very enjoyable Transatlantic Crossing by An rook

When we booked this Transatlantic cruise with friends! I was a little concerned how I would cope with being at sea for a long time, not being the best sailor in the world, and the Dream not being the biggest ship in the world. I needn't have worried. We had chosen an outside cabin on Deck 6 near the middle - good for avoiding the worst of the motion. The cabin was fine - very comfortable - and the bathroom was small but beautifully formed! I wish the hair dryer was in the cabin though, and that it had a nozzle but that seems to be universal. Our cabin steward, Raymund, was lovely and very helpful. All the crew and staff work very long hours, and we were surprised to hear that they have to pay for wifi. At every port they were to be seen finding free wifi in order to Skype their families - bit stingy Thomson! Continue reading... Very enjoyable Transatlantic Crossing

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin