Celebrity Edge Jan 13, 2019 (1/13/19) - Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Bill-n-Bob

Edge will be only a couple of months old when we sail and it promises to be an amazing ship. The new Infinite Balcony look amazing. This is one of the few times we are going on a cruise more for the ship more than the ports we visit.

Almost all classes are sold out so we should have a full ship. There are three couples in our group.

Anyone else sailing?

• 6 months later...

We have just booked this cruise this past week. Our neighbor and his friend are booked, and we have two more friends from Ft. Lauderdale booked as well. Two more close friends are on a wait list, so there will likely be a very good "family" representation on board! Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Moe & Kevin

Moe/Kevin,

Welcome to the cruise! I think the radical new design of Edge will guarantee a large group of curious “family” on our cruise. This is the first time we have booked a cruise more to see the ship than the ports and for a couple of ports I don’t think we will even leave the ship.

If you haven’t booked the behind “Inside AccessBehind-The-Scenes Ship Tour” you might consider it. On our cruise of the Galapagos Islands all of the ship tours filled up and I suspect on this ship they will be very popular too.

Your upcoming Azamara Cruise looks amazing. It is similar to a Celebrity cruise we took a couple of years ago. If you are interested in our suggestions just ask.

Bill-n-Bob,

Yes, we too are intrigued by the new design of the Edge and were fortunate to snag a cabin which our friends had reserved but they then had to cancel. The TA who serves a primarily LGBT clientele, had reserved 40 cabins and is now supporting a wait list. There will certainly be great "family" representation on this trip.

We would love to hear your comments/suggestions about our upcoming Azamara Med cruise! We are just starting to zero in on the port excursions now. I am a little concerned about embarkation in Venice since I had assumed that we would depart from Marittima but just discovered that we will depart from San Basilio. I booked a hotel just off Piazzale Roma thinking we could take the people mover but will now have to re-think that. We would also like to skip Rome and get to Ostia Antica instead. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting you on board the Edge.

Moe & Kevin

Moe/Kevin,

We rented a great little apartment in Cannaregio for a weekbefore our cruise. To get around we purchased an unlimited pass on the waterbussystem for the week. We even took the waterbus to the ship dragging ourluggage with us.

The single most amazing thing we did was the night tour ofSt. Mark’s Basilica. No crowds and the gold tiles are illuminated from thelights below and they do not need to compete with the light streaming through the windows above.

An evening Vivaldi concert at the Church of San Vidal ismagical. If you sit at the back on the left hand side the artists enter and exitbeside you.

Send us an email ( bill-n-bob@yahoo.com) and we can share other thoughts especially about your day in Dubrovnik.