Roll Call - Royal Clipper Transatlantic 9-30 Oct 2004

wholeflaffer

My wife and I will be aboard the Royal Clipper for the entire Rome to Barbados voyage 9 October through 30 October 2004.

here is an excerpt from my posting in a previous thread:

My wife and I are sailing on the Royal Clipper from Rome to Barbados (9 October - 30 October 2004). We arrive in Rome rather early in the morning and plan to take a train into the city, sightsee the city by local tour bus, and return to the airport in plenty of time to catch the prepaid transfer to the port at Civitavecchia at 5pm.

Just got our travel documents and excursion information yesterday. The various ports-of-call excursions look very interesting, and certainly seem reasonably priced. I like the pace, too, with a day at sea between nearly every port-of-call on the Mediterranean/Morroco/Canary Island portion of our itinerary.

Hope to meet you aboard!

• 3 months later...

I am thinking of taking the Royal Clipper Transatlantic Rome to Barbados in Oct 2005 and am interested in how your experience was. Was the ship full? Were there any singles, or all couples (I am single, in mid 50s, have done quite a bit of sailing on smaller ships in Caribbean - I plan on taking this sail solo). Did you find the time at sea to be too much, and have you done that sort of sailing before (longer term repositioning)? Any information you could give would be nice to hear. How were the stops in Morrcco - I was there in 74, so long time ago!! Did the ship provide any programs of interest during the water crossing? And, how were the seas and the ship stability in high seas (if you encountered any:eek: )? Thanks and hope I hear from you, or anyone who has taken this crossing, or plans to do the 2005.

Archived