Such small print

royal yacht

I haven't viewed cruise critic for a few months, so I was quite surprised to see the new format with such small and difficult to read print. I practically have to have my nose on the screen to read the postings. Why can't the print be the same size as before?

I can't give you all the techno stuff but I am pretty sure if you go to the user PC section you there is probably a place where you can fix the size you see it in. If I can find out how I'll get back to you.

Sorry, I went and checked and I can't find anywhere to change the text size for the posts as you read them. You can change the size of the text in your post.

Are you finding all the posts in a smaller size or was it just one?

As you can see I can make my text bigger or smaller.

All the postings are in this small print, and as for sending postings in larger print, I haven't been able to figure out how to increase the size. You mentioned a User PC section, but I can't find that. I did see a User CP section, but I couldn't find anything there that would increase the print size. But thanks anyway for your assistance.

I did check the user Cp and I can not find anything helpful there either.

To change the size of type in your posts go up to the bar just above the reply window, to the right of the large letter A you will see an down arrow. If you click on that you will be able to change the type size of what you send.

Unfortunately that won't help you read the other posts.

Now my avatar has just disappeared and I don't know why!!!:(

I did check the user Cp and I can not find anything helpful there either.

To change the size of type in your posts go up to the bar just above the reply window, to the right of the large letter A you will see an down arrow. If you click on that you will be able to change the type size of what you send.

Unfortunately that won't help you read the other posts.

Now my avatar has just disappeared and I don't know why!!!:(

You didn't go into your CP and uncheck "custom avatar" or whatever you had did you? these glitches keep happening.. if it's not here when you get back. just re-set it, that has worked for many.

Re:size of font, this is set as the default (verdana 2) and I don't think it's that much smaller.. I will check and see if it's in the works but so far I think that this has been decided to be the default. Yout can go into the panel right abve where you are taying your reply, on the top row, and select a larger font form the pull down menu. The quotes are smaller but the text you type shouldn't be.. hope this helps??

Host Caroline

Thanks,

I found out somewhere else on the board that there was a slight glitch with the Avatars yesterday.

Seems if you tried to load a new one it was getting on to one server but not the other so when you logged on, depending on which server you happened to get, you either saw it or didn't, (Hope that makes sense.) It only seemed to involve people who had custom avatars and only those who tried to load or change their's during the glitch period. Seems it has been fixed now so thanks to everyone in the glitch repair department.

As far as the type size goes, is there anyway to enlarge the size of the type in a post you are reading? I've not had trouble yet, but someone else has asked. On the old board I think you could do something with your little scroll wheel that would make the text bigger if you were having trouble reading it.

If you are running Windows Internet Explorer, you can tell it to ignore fonts sizes via the accessibility button on the general page (under IE menu option tools - Internet options) - I just did it and the text is much bigger : however I guess it will affect all web pages.

Karen

Wow, Karen that really helped! The font size is now much easier to read...I have the scroll wheel and if you turned it towards you it would enlarge the type but that didn't work on this new board. Follow Karen's advice and the letters appear to be approximately 1/4" high or better.

Archived