Olden to Briksdal Glacier and Loen Skylift car rental

We did both the Loen skylift and Briskdal Glacier quite easily in one port day, and with a 2 and 6 year old in tow (surprisingly the two year old made it all the way to the glacier with help of a rented troll car that took us most of the way through Briksdal). We correctly guessed ahead of time we'd prefer the skylift, so we went there in the morning when the weather was more stable.

Another option to consider might be to take a cab to the Loen skylift, and to take the public bus to Brisksdal, but renting a car sounds like a good plan too. Olden adventures runs shuttles to both attractions, which is another option. Have a great time no matter what you decide.

Thanks Kitkat.. we are a group of 8. so getting two cars and splitting it is actually cheaper and we rather try to beat or stay away from the masses as best we can. So, if it is nice in the morning you say head right over to loen to ensure the view if not head to one of the glaciers and hope it clears later in the day.

Galaxy - If I have a car hire am I better off going to Kjenndalen glacier? Is it less touristy and nicer? How far is it away from Olden? Thanks again.

Loen valley and up to Kjenndalen glacier is beautiful to,its a little less tourists there. just remember to bring 50 nkr for the toll road.... The nature up there is WILD ;) you will love it. :)

Loen valley and up to Kjenndalen glacier is beautiful to,its a little less tourists there. just remember to bring 50 nkr for the toll road.... The nature up there is WILD ;) you will love it. :)

With a car rental pick up at 7am right in Olden,, Do you think I could hit all three? Ship leave at 4pm.

Thanks

With a car rental pick up at 7am right in Olden,, Do you think I could hit all three? Ship leave at 4pm.

Thanks

Yes,if you are back in port around 3pm you have 8 hours,so yes with that time you can easy visit all 3 places. If i was you i would visit Briksdal glacier first and then Loen Valley and the Kjenndalen Glacier and on your way down from Loen Valley the Loen Skylift.

Yes,if you are back in port around 3pm you have 8 hours,so yes with that time you can easy visit all 3 places. If i was you i would visit Briksdal glacier first and then Loen Valley and the Kjenndalen Glacier and on your way down from Loen Valley the Loen Skylift.

Thanks, I just looked on a map and looks like a plan unless my group wants to ax something for hiking up top by Leon Skylift and I guess a lot depends on weather.. If it sunny in the morning might have to make changes.