Can't decide on this one... Carnival or Fabian?

kitty0218

Okay so I've done quite a bit of research and have found that it is usually more beneficial to book with a local tour company than with the cruise line. But Carnival offers a tour in St. Lucia that sounds really good to me. Here's the deal with Carnival:

- Drive through Castries

- Morne Fortune

- Pitons

- Sulphur Springs

- Botanical Gardens and Diamond Mineral Waterfall

- Catamaran trip up the coast

- Stop at Anse Cochon to swim

- See Marigot Bay from the boat

It's $89 per person which includes drinks and lunch.

So then I emailed Fabian to see if he could organize a similar type of tour and at what price. He doesn't offer the catamaran tour (which I was kind of looking forward to doing) and his tour does not include the entrance fee for Botanical Gardens and Diamond Mineral Waterfall but he said he could take us everywhere else, plus also to Jalousie Beach. He said lunch would be at our expense but drinks are included. Fabian's price is $90 per person, so basically the same price except we have to pay for lunch.

Now, here's the dilemma: I think I like the Carnival tour better but I like the idea of it just being myself and my boyfriend on the tour with Fabian. It's more personal than going with a huge group of people. But maybe it would be nice to meet new people by going with Carnival for once instead of doing our own thing.

I can't decide which is better. Has anyone done the Catamaran trip? Is it a must do? Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Archived