Obc

C at Sea

Just back from Azura Caribbean Cruise and noticed with our obc that it was partly used straight away with our tips! We worked out it wasnt a bad thing in a way cause obc used quicker and so anything we bought afterwards could get our 10% discount applied. But just felt that tips should really be applied at the end of cruise when you've had the service! We usually leave our tips on our ob bill but felt a little like going to a restaurant and giving them a tip before being served!! I'm also sure that we were told when P&O first starting automatically adding tips to your bill that obc wouldnt be used against them. But it definitely was and we phoned reception to check this was correct after viewing it on our tv screen. Just thought would mention it incase anyone saving their obc for anything in particular! Ofcourse if you ask to have tips removed it wouldnt apply.

Although they apply the tips to your account straight away, you don't pay the bill until the end of the cruise, so it doesn't really matter when they go on the bill. For those who do want to remove them, there is plenty of time for doing this.

I personally like being able to pay the tips out of my OBC (and wouldn't remove them as I view the tips as part of the overall cruise cost anyway), and I think they are very reasonable against others such as Celebrity and Princess, which cost more.

Yes I agree - but we phoned reception and they confirmed theyd been taken out of our obc on the first day. As I said in op its not a problem for us at all - just making the observation incase anyone saving their obc for a special reason.