Need an inexpensive day at St. Martin

luvmy2kids

We love the beach. Probably not going to do a lot of shopping. We are going the second week in September on the Glory. It will be me, my husband, my mom and my kids, 10 and 5. I'm forced to budget this year so no big excursions for us. :( But we do love to relax on a beautiful beach. Maybe have a drink or two. Bathrooms are needed. Maybe a snack bar. Can you give me some suggestions with prices of amenities, as well as transportation? I'm going in two weeks and I have no idea what to do. I've looked at Phillipsburg Beach and Orient but not sure what would be cheaper or better. I'd love some ideas. Thanks!

We love the beach. Probably not going to do a lot of shopping. We are going the second week in September on the Glory. It will be me, my husband, my mom and my kids, 10 and 5. I'm forced to budget this year so no big excursions for us. :( But we do love to relax on a beautiful beach. Maybe have a drink or two. Bathrooms are needed. Maybe a snack bar. Can you give me some suggestions with prices of amenities, as well as transportation? I'm going in two weeks and I have no idea what to do. I've looked at Phillipsburg Beach and Orient but not sure what would be cheaper or better. I'd love some ideas. Thanks!

Orient is the best with a wide variety of beach bars. But there is the cost of the cabs @ $6 pp one way for a large group. The water is far superior to the water at Great Bay (Philipsburg).

You can walk to Great Bay from the pier while mom takes the water taxi @ $6 all day pass, maybe with the kids. The walk is 20-25 minutes one way.

We went to Divi Little Bay which has all the amenties you need for u & the family WITHOUT the crowds.

A floating mat is $5 for the entire day.

Kayak is $20 for 1 hr for both ppl.

Jet skis are $95 for an hr. $55 for half.

We didn't do any snorkeling rentals but it would seem reasonable in line with the above.

Since it's is @ a resort front with no shade, you do have a resort fee for any chairs or umbrella - $15 for 2 chairs & an umbrella in my case.

But if you don't need those - then the beach is yours for free!

The scenery is breath taking & the ($8 for 2 ppl) 10 minute cab ride is convenient.

Our little 1/2 day cost us 2 a total of $23 without any drinks (brought our own small kooler)

Did I mention no crowds? ;)

Please remember that clothing is optional at Orient and lots of folks enjoy that option.

If you're looking for a "family-type" beach, I'd ask for suggestions!

Archived