QM2 July 4th Sail to Nowhere from NYC

TheNYPlateMan

I'm a teenanger and thinking of going on this cruise with my Grandmother in 2005. If anybody went on the cruise in 2004, did you see any teenagers on board?

My hope is, that being a summer cruise there would be some teens on board. Thank you for your help.

Hi,

There were a fair number of teens on board. There is a teen disco too. Those under 18 cannot drink in the G32 club. After midnight it is a gay and lesbian hang out.

Grandma may not like the long walks to everywhere.

Have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my 14 year old daughter and friend on this cruise. There were 200 children on board, 90 of them teens. They made tons of friends and still communicate with them via the internet. On the last day of the cruise they informed me that there is NO OTHER SHIP....this is the ONLY one they want to cruise on. SO we booked 2 more and one of them is the 4th of July cruise for 2005. Word of warning..don't get your hopes up on the 4th of July fireworks in NY....we ended up back home in Newport RI....the port of NY was closed.

Hi Malinda,

It was good to meet you on that cruise. I may take it again too.

For me Rhode Island was fine. I enjoyed being out longer at sea.

There are a few others who will take her again in 2005.

Just like the Dec QE2 crossing, the QM2 July 4 cruise just may become and institution.

I took my 14 year old daughter and friend on this cruise. There were 200 children on board, 90 of them teens. They made tons of friends and still communicate with them via the internet. On the last day of the cruise they informed me that there is NO OTHER SHIP....this is the ONLY one they want to cruise on. SO we booked 2 more and one of them is the 4th of July cruise for 2005. Word of warning..don't get your hopes up on the 4th of July fireworks in NY....we ended up back home in Newport RI....the port of NY was closed.

Archived