QM2 Brittania first seating

BettyBoop3850

Hi I will be on the QM2 Sept 29th cruise. I have first seating. First of all what time is first seating 6:00 or 6:15. Second how late can you show up and still be seated because I do not want to miss seeing the ship pass the statue of liberty if i can help it.

Thanks

Michelle

First nights usually pretty relaxed so I don't think you will get thrown in the brig for being a little late. Alternatively maybe you could choose informal anytime dining in one of the other dining venues ? although its good to meet your fellow diners on the first night.

I am also on this cruise. Any idea what sort of weather / temperatures we could expect ?

GeoffUK

The first seating is generally at 6 PM, with the last diners accepted at 6:30 PM, though they do occasionally relax this rule. Anytime dining in the evenings is probably best at the Pub - the King's Court becomes four restaurants and they start seating at 7 PM.

My spouse got turned away from Britannia on the first night (which was casual). We didn't have our luggage yet and he came to dinner in a shirt with a collar but I believe he had shorts on. He had to go back to the room and fish something out more suitable once he found his bag. We fussed at them about this - they are supposed to be somewhat more relaxed on the first night because of the baggage situation.

BTW that is one thing that doesn't work very well during embarkation. The halls and the elevators are full of people and bags during this time. If you leave from Southampton you may want to avoid the 'B' Elevators - they were a nightmare! C should be somewhat better (there are more of them there).

Re: Weather on the Sept 29 Canada cruise. Be prepared for most anything by living up to the old adage - LAYERING. It could be a delightful fall period wih 60's and 70's, or it could be just as easily be damp and feel raw. ENJOY!

Need a bit of clarification - "Cruise Muse" mentioned dining in the evening in the "pub" I was under the impression that the pub served a lunch - but not dinner??

We are booked for early seating - do those of you with some experience think we could have dinner in Brittania on the first night out? - or should we try booking somewhere else as soon as we can??

They do serve into the afternoon but not in the evenings. That said, I'd try for the Brittania on the first night. Our cruise had 'casual' on the first night, which generally means a shirt with a collar for men plus no jeans. Because it's the first evening, they likely will be relaxed about the serving time but they do need to get people through in time for the second seating. If you're concerned about the time, make reservations as soon as you get onboard the ship via the TV in your cabin for one of the restaurants in Kings Court. If all else fails, just show up at the Brittania and plead. My experience is that they will do whatever they can to accomodate you - hey, you're the customer right? :-)

Archived