QM ?'s from a "Newbie"

twinkletoes915

I received a wonderful surprise last night at my 40th birthday party. I opened up a very large beach bag from my husband, and inside was a pair of sandlas, sunscreen, a bathing suit cover up, a towel, (I was thinking maybe the contractors were going to finish our pool before Christmas) and then a plastic boat like a sand bucket with a little life boat (I was thinking maybe Hawaii) then inside I saw a brochure with a ship on it. I started screaming as I KNEW what that meant. We will be sailing on April 22 on the QM2 Transatlantic. I am very excited. We have sailed on Celebrity 5 times, and love to cruise, but I am want to know all I can about QM2 so that we have a blast. I did get on their website, and it looks great. We will be in a Penthouse cabin, and would love to hear from you experienced cruisers anything we should know. Especially if I should book anything ahead of time such as specialty restaurants.

Thanks in advance,

Elly

I can feel your excitement - We will be sailing on 'her' next year as well. I would suggest that you go from thread to thread on this 'terrific' board and just read all the comments - there is soooo much information here. That's what I did, and now I just watch for the new comments, and enjoy each new subject.

For Christmas you need to ask santa for a brand new jacket. You probably will not be needing the sunscreen. The coverup and sandles will be great for getting from your cabin to the spa or the enclosed pool. I was on the Tandem Crossing in April. It was soooo cold, I just brought a windbreaker. I needed a winter jacket. By the way the QM2 is the most wonderful ship at sea!!!!!

J.P.

I guess I will have to get used to that as well as the whole "grill" thing. What's up with that? Where does that word come from and what does it mean? I already feel bad as my cousin wants to travel with us, and I know that they can't get a suite, so they wouldn't be able to eat dinner with us?????? I don't know how I feel about that, but I am not complaining as this is a great gift, just a little confusing.

Make sure you have a sweater or two to wear under that jacket! Even in May, it is possible it will be very chilly on deck. I just about froze one year in late May. Think icebergs, not beaches.

OK, there will not be icebergs, but you get the idea. A light jacket with a hood is good with something to put on underneath.

Archived