outside access from 5 deck

paul1959

We are aft, 5 deck. I've been looking at the deck plans and are we able to access the outside deck at the very stern of the ship from deck five? As one of the, probably, few families on board, we are also quite happy that the play zone is basically right over our heads. Is there anyway to get there from the outside? and now that I think of it...it seems there are very few stairways from one deck to another on the exterior of the ship. Is this true? At our age, hate to be confined to using elevators. We need to work off all that food!

Paul

Hi Paul,

We were aft on deck 5 two weeks ago- cabin 5238. There is no outside access from Deck 5. To get to the Play Zone, walk forward to "D" elevators, and walk up one flight and go aft to the Play Zone. There is outside access on Deck 6, Portside, outside of the Play Zone. From there (outside) you can use the aft outside stairs to walk all the way up to deck 12 (great exercise -we did that at sailaway from Princess Cays 2 weeks ago!).

If you cabin is Deck 5 aft, you will walk a lot. It seems that every time I was way forward on the ship (Library, spa, Planetarium), I had to trudge back to our cabin for something or other (a book, sunglasses,...). It does help to keep off the pounds.

Aren't all 5 decks alike???:D

Our dear Sealegs9 wins the prize for clairvoyance, mind reading and telepathy. I think.....

Oh, well, I think Sealegs was able to look at my goofy little signature countdown thingy and probably figured it out. But you're absolutely right. In my little world.... Isn't EVERYONE sailing the QM2? Humble apologies. ADD kicks in at times. Joke: Q: How many people in my family does it take to change a lightbulb? A: Wanna go ride bikes?

You will have to take the interior staircase to reach the Playzone, but it is not that far. In addition to the Playzone, there is also a children's pool and an outside play area for kids in the rear of deck 6. And water guns!!!

My son was three last time we sailed on the QM2 and he had a great time. The staff at the Playzone is wonderful. Be sure and take advantage of it.

Ginger

Archived