Christmas Night Hotel

4yanx

DW, 2 DS's (18 and 21) and me will be staying the night before our 12/26/2005 Sensation cruise in NOLA. Can anyone with local knowledge recommend a hotel that might be a good choice for Christmas night, or will everything other than hotels be shut down? Wanting two rooms. I've been the ultra and medium budget routes before, but not this time. Don't mind dropping $150-200 per room. Suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Hey again Yank. Have you ordered the N.O. Goodtimes Guide? It's a complimentary booklet full of all kinds of great stuff, with coupons for hotels/restaurants/etc. Go here, look at the top right, and click on to order. A wealth of info, I promise you. http://neworleansonline.com/

I haven't checked lately, but if by chance the Christmas issue is offered, get it as well. Almost all the hotels in N.O. offer the "Papa Noel" specials. Personally, I enjoy LeRichelieu Hotel. (My DD who lives in the Quarter had a small kitchen fire in her apt. in December, and we spent two nights at LeRichelieu - Christmas night and the night after).....at a very, very low rate of $89. Beautiful, old world hotel, just down from Bourbon.

If you want to stay right in the smack middle of things, the best location is The Inn on Bourbon. It's now a Ramada property. Has wonderful balcony rooms and suites overlooking Bourbon. I have a standing reservation there for a wknd during Mardi Gras every year. We have so many great hotels, you'll find one within your budget.

Cotton, I am very much obliged to ya. That is a nice link. Always good to get the poop from locals - especialyl about hotels that don't pop up on various other searches (expedia, hotels.com, etc. etc).

Archived