DIY taxi to Ephesus from Kusadasi port?

Hi, has anyone done the above and then got a private guide around Ephesus at Ephesus itself?

Hubby does not want to be guided round with a group like sheep and would like to take his time around the site....the closest I can see to this type of tour is the half day with Levent Solmaz who seems to come highly recommended on these boards.

Any help/costs much appreciated!

Tinka14 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Levent was the best! I had a group of 14 committed to tour Ephesus with him before we left and after our M&G on the ship had another 10 interested in joining us. This is the largest group he will take as he likes to keep things personalized. He is very diplomatic, gentlemanly, and knowledgable which made for an interesting tour. He uses visual aids which help to bring the different ruins alive. All 24 of us think this was about the best tour ever. Email him for a quote - he was by far the most reasonable and VERY worth every cent.

Hi, has anyone done the above and then got a private guide around Ephesus at Ephesus itself?

Hubby does not want to be guided round with a group like sheep and would like to take his time around the site....the closest I can see to this type of tour is the half day with Levent Solmaz who seems to come highly recommended on these boards.

Any help/costs much appreciated!

Tinka14 :)

We did this last June and it worked out fine. We were a group of 4 on the Royal Princess. We had all been to Kusadasi and Ephesus before so we just wanted a short tour to see the Terrace Houses which hadn't yet opened when we first visited a few years ago. When we got off the ship we negotiated a price with a cab driver to take us to Ephesus, wait for us while we toured, then drive us back to Kusadasi for an afternoon of shopping. There were lots of independent private tour guides around the entrance to Ephesus so it was easy to hook up with one. I don't remember what we paid but the combination of the taxi and the guide at Ephesus was still less than what we would pay for either a ship's tour or a private guide arranged from home. If you want to spend a long time at Ephesus and you don't want the taxi to wait for you I don't think there would be much problem "hailing" a cab at the exit area.

It was very easy. But walk away from where the port is and you will find that the taxi's are much cheaper. We had originally arranged to go on a tour but by the time we got to Kusadasi, our last stop, we could not take even one more slow walking too much boring info tour! At Ephesus you can buy a book or they have headphones for rent also. We enjoyed just taking the book and wandering thru. Take water as it is very hot and dry. Have fun!;)

Archived