October 31 on QM2 and pools?

jonmar

Anyone know how many pools are in operation at this time of the year. My wife and I are taking the October 31 sailing from Southampton to New York. Also, how far is Southampton from Heathrow.

The Pavillion pool will be in use. There is a glass roof over that pool. The outdoor pools will probably not be in use, it should be cold by then. But you never know. Southampton is about an hour and a half from Heathrow airport. Make sure you take the Cunard transfers. I'm not sure if they are included on the Westbound crossings, I paid $69 for the Tandem Crossing.

J.P.

Jonmar

I agree with JPEvans, on the May 1 crossing only the pool on the top deck was closed but the outside pools were only usable on 2 days and then by the brave! Anyone using the outside pools on the two sunny days seemed to stick to the hot tubs.

As an alternative to Cunard you can travle by coach from Heathrow to Southampton for £12 single, it then costs around £6 + tip for a taxi from the coach station to the cruise ship terminal. ~I would recommend this as we travelled this way and got to Southampton early, we were at the terminal at 1:00pm and were let striaght onboard, friends arriving later had to wat some time before being allowed to embark. The Cunard bus leaves Heathrow at 1:00pm.

Archived