Tuxedo Rental on QM2

wulicny

Having not sailed on Cunard before, what are the arrangements for renting a tuxedo for our 10-day "New Yorker's Carribbean" cruise on the QM2 in November? I know that when we sailed on Celebrity, cruiselineformalwear.com was the place to go, but they do not service Cunard cruises. Is there a different site, or does Cunard do it directly?

I have a tuxedo, but with four formal nights, I would like to have four shirts, a black jacket, and a white jacket for variety's sake.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Costa Carla "C" - 1979

RCCL Rhapsody OTS - 1999

Century - August 23, 2003 - E. Caribbean

Queen Mary 2 - November 26, 2004

waiting ... and waiting ...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Took a Caribbean cruise on the QM2 in March. This is the information we were given about tux rentals. They cannot be reserved in advance. They are rented in the Mayfair Shop on the ship after you board. The cost is $170 which includes your tux jacket, pants, and cummerbund. I am not sure if you could rent just a white or black jacket wihtout taking the whole package. Shirts were available for purchase for approximately $25. The shirt included a tie, etc. The cost seemed high for a rental. I would purchase or rent whatever you need before the cruise. It is a wonderful ship. You are going to have a great experience!!

ima,

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll just bring my own tux instead. Was the $170 for the White/black jacket combo?

Bill

Costa Carla "C" - 1979

RCCL Rhapsody OTS - 1999

Century - August 23, 2003 - E. Caribbean

Queen Mary 2 - November 26, 2004

waiting ... and waiting ...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Unfortunately, the $170 was just for a black jacket and pants. Not sure about the cost for a white dinner jacket. They do have wonderful laundry facilities plus dry cleaning on the ship. You might consider having your shirt cleaned during the trip. By the way, we had three formal nights on our ten night cruise.

Archived