Quality Inn, NOLA Cruiseport

2McCormicks

Cruising out of NOLA on Carnival Conquest, September 16th. Looking to stay one night in NOLA. Found the Quality Inn 100 Westbank Expressway near the NOLA Cruisport. Free full breakfast, free WiFi, free parking up to 14 days and shuttle to the cruiseport and back all for $110/night.

My question: Is this a safe area. I'm traveling with older people and I want to be sure they are safe.

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

We are staying there as well for our Novemebr 25th cruise. Another person asked on a different thread and a local declared the area to be safe. I think it was the Hotels in NOLA thread on the main page?

Anyway, from the reviews on Trip Advisor (manage a few bad ones, but that is to be expected), and the fact that we are going during the Bayou Classic (higher rates in NOLA and most hotels required a minimum stay), I feel pretty good about our choice to stay there.

Again, haven't stayed yet nor am I from the area.

Cruising out of NOLA on Carnival Conquest, September 16th. Looking to stay one night in NOLA. Found the Quality Inn 100 Westbank Expressway near the NOLA Cruisport. Free full breakfast, free WiFi, free parking up to 14 days and shuttle to the cruiseport and back all for $110/night.

My question: Is this a safe area. I'm traveling with older people and I want to be sure they are safe.

You got a good price there. I just checked and for my cruise in Jan it is 139.00.

I can't answer your question, but I was wondering if I could ask one of my own, if you don't mind. Where did you find the park and cruise package for $110? The cheapest I've found is $129 and that's booking through the hotel. We are looking at staying here on our upcoming Elation cruise. Thanks!

I can't answer your question, but I was wondering if I could ask one of my own, if you don't mind. Where did you find the park and cruise package for $110? The cheapest I've found is $129 and that's booking through the hotel. We are looking at staying here on our upcoming Elation cruise. Thanks!

Stupid me posted it on here and I went back today and they are all sold out! Grrr.... guess I won't be staying there! It was through Expedia. It was $109.99 published price. :(

Stupid me posted it on here and I went back today and they are all sold out! Grrr.... guess I won't be staying there! It was through Expedia. It was $109.99 published price. :(

Oh No!!! Ihate to hear that. But thank you for answerin g my question!

• 8 months later...

I just booked a room through last minute travel (suggested through another thread). They are an A+ rated site with the BBB. The room is selling for over $250 on all the other sites, but was $87 per night by calling lmt direct. Highly recommend!

• 1 month later...
Anyone know how secure the parking at quality inn is, really don't want to come back to find my car on blocks or stolen

It is safe and regularly patrolled by the Gretna police. We used it June 29-July 4 and upon our return, the car was found in the same condition we left it. Now, do not expect the Ritz-Carlton. It is a dated place in need of some upgrades and TLC. But, for one night's stay it is just fine. The service is good, everyone is very nice, the hot breakfast is awesome, and the shuttle service is quick and efficient.

It is safe and regularly patrolled by the Gretna police. We used it June 29-July 4 and upon our return, the car was found in the same condition we left it. Now, do not expect the Ritz-Carlton. It is a dated place in need of some upgrades and TLC. But, for one night's stay it is just fine. The service is good, everyone is very nice, the hot breakfast is awesome, and the shuttle service is quick and efficient.

Our group of 7 will be staying at Quality Inn in Gretna on 08/17/13. We have 3 rooms booked at $144.22 for each room including taxes and for 7 days parking. This was the best pricing I found for room, cruise parking, and shuttle to & from port. Thanks for your info; it makes me feel better about the stay there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Would all of you staying at this hotel please report back and let us know how your stay was. Our cruise is a year away and we have plenty of time. Mostly, I worry about whether a hotel has bed bugs. :eek: Thanks!:)

We have stayed there a couple of time. The people are nice. Rooms are ok. No bedbugs. Good food onsite. We are going to stay there again this month for our cruise. They have free shuttle to/from cruise port and to the Ferry to go to New Orleans.

• 1 month later...

we cruised Carnival Conquest Sept. 2013 and had a room booked at Quality Inn to stay night before boarding and really liked the parking and shuttle package idea. I thought.. The front desk was friendly but the place seemed run down and extremely dirty. The free breakfast wasn't honored because the restaurant was closed down. The pool was nasty and unusable, the room was musty and had mold on the bed frames and on air conditioner. No toilet paper in room and sheets were stained. While the staff was changing sheets the fire detector in the room went off for no apparent reason and wouldn't go off, that was all we could handle so we checked out 15 minutes later after checking inn and went to Holiday Inn Express in Harvey. We had to pay for cab to port but parking was free, the room was clean, great breakfast and the front desk was great. Kyle and Lisa were very personable and friendly.