anyone on opera march 19?

wardmav1

Our family of five from Charlotte, NC are on the Opera 3/19 for our Spring Break. Kids are 23, 21 and 14 and have cruised once before to Eastern Carribean on Explorer of the Seas. We've cruised numerous times on Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Princess. We have tentatively arranged a private snorkel trip in Cozumel out to Palancar and Columbia Reef and have room on the boat for 3-4 more people if anyone is interested.

Does anyone have anything planned for any of the port days? (Besides Elcaribe's snorkeling trip in Cozumel.) We were thinking that we would like to go snorkeling in Grand Cayman and horseback riding or the spa in Rotan. Doesn't it seem weird that you can't pre-book any shore excursions offered through MSC, or at the very least view a list?

Does anyone have anything planned for any of the port days? (Besides Elcaribe's snorkeling trip in Cozumel.) We were thinking that we would like to go snorkeling in Grand Cayman and horseback riding or the spa in Rotan. Doesn't it seem weird that you can't pre-book any shore excursions offered through MSC, or at the very least view a list?

If you call up MSC, they will email/fax you a list of their excursions. The list will not include prices, but it's helpful. Let them know you are on the Opera cruise too, because they may send you ALL of their excursions worldwide.

This is what we are thinking for excursions:

Key West - just walk around the town...try some Key Lime Pie!

Cozumel - Resort Diving class with a 2 tank dive afterwards or maybe take ElCaribe's offer

Grand Cayman - Stingray City with Soto's Cruises or Captain Marvin's

Roatan - ???

I feel that if you pay attention and double check everything before you get ashore, you should be ok. Heck bring the daily with you and understand any time differences. I'm not worried. I think what happened to them was extremely unfortunate, but I don't think they ever mentioned having travel insurance as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived