Labadee

mjwcruising

I have a question about Labadee. RCCL is renting "beach lounger for 2".

From what i have read they are strategically placed on Adrenaline Beach which is quite rocky and shallow, not really good to spend time in the water.

We were there several years ago and was able to rent a "clamshell" on Columbus Cove beach when we arrived early after we arrived at Labadee.

I am wondering if can we still rent a clamshell in the Columbus Cove area once we arrive or is the only way to get one is to rent one as an excursion which would put us on Adrenaline Beach?

What is Nellie's Beach & Barefoot Beach like? Can we rent clamshells on either of these beaches when we arrive. If we can't rent clamshells on a beach other than Adrenaline Beach which nice sandy beach has a good amount of shade?

The clamshell loungers are only available on Adrenaline Beach. In the past they did have them in Columbus Cove (although I thought they were free, but maybe not), but not any more. The actual beach at Adrenaline has improved in the past few years. RCCL build a break water pier (I just made that name up, I have no idea what it is really called) that keeps the water near the shore quite calm. They have also imported more sand over there and it is not 'unswimmable' like it was several years ago. There are some rocks here. All the other beaches are pretty much all sand.

Barefoot Beach is private and only suite guests are allowed, but it is a very nice beach. No clam shells here - only cabanas and/or bungalows.

Nellie's is also nice, but it is small so it tends to feel crowded. There are trees, but not right next to the water. The area close to the water gets filled up with loungers in the sun. No clam shells here either, so the only shade is away from the shore.

IMO your best best is Columbus Cove. It has the most shade and the most area, minus Adrenaline. If you want to have our lounge chairs next to the water, you will have to be one of the first ones to arrive, but there is lots of shade throughout the area. Plus they serve lunch right there too so you don't have to walk far to get it, and you can bring it back and eat it 'at the beach'.