Refresher Scuba Course on PG

agreene

My TA tells me that I will need to take a PADI refresher course on the PG since my husband and I have not scuba dived in over 2 years. Does anyone have any info on this course? Lenght and Cost? In addition, we are at the Intercontinental Papeete pre cruise for 2 days and are wondering if they may have a course as well.

I'll see if I can dig up some definite info but I think the refresher on-board just consisted of jumping in the pool and demonstrating skills. I do not think there was a charge.

The Intercontinental in Tahiti does have a dive center which lists a refresher course on their site:

http://www.bathys-diving.com/us/padi-certifications.html

I don't know if there has been a policy change by Dominique&co. but I don't think he will require you to do a refresher unless you feel uncomfortable. I did a refresher in 2006 but I hadn't done any diving in 30 years. I recall they charged me about $80. It was a little Q&A on the pool deck and then some of the usual practice excercises in the pool.

The dive staff are great and you will have a great time with them.

In the past, they manned a desk near the excursion desk the first day of the cruise to answer questions and sign people up for the dives.

Archived