Getting Rid of Formal Luggage After Docking

Paul NH

We would like to get rid of most of our formal luggage once we arrive in Southampton from a transatlantic New York voyage next June. That would free us up for a more informal trek around England and Ireland.

Has anyone ever sent the bulk of their formal-wear luggage back to their home in the states, separtely, upon arrival in Southampton? Does Cunard have a service that will take care of things like this?

It is expensive, but yes it does. Call them for information. I believe the cost is something like $80 per suitcase, but may be worth it instead of dragging unneeded luggage around.

There is usually information in the packet you receive when you get your travel documents, but phoning is the best way to get more detailed info.

I crossed an the QE2 last year, and upon arrival in Southampton I put all my formal wear in one suitcase and left it with the purser, who shipped it back to NYC on the QE2 and then to LA via DHL. Cunard will suggest DHL as your shipper of choice, but will send the luggage via UPS at about half the cost if you wish, so ask about UPS shipping.

We would like to get rid of most of our formal luggage once we arrive in Southampton from a transatlantic New York voyage next June. That would free us up for a more informal trek around England and Ireland.

Has anyone ever sent the bulk of their formal-wear luggage back to their home in the states, separtely, upon arrival in Southampton? Does Cunard have a service that will take care of things like this?

Archived