Ushuaia Argentina

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:22 AM.
Palm City, Fl
4,644 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by snickers18
Does anyone know of another Tour Company except Estancia Excursions in the Falklands. Their Volunteer Point tour where you also see the Penguins is full and I would dearly love to do this tour.
Snickers18
Have you joined the Roll Call for your sailing? Members there may have more of the information that you seek.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Carnival Spirit 2003 (Caribbean)
Carnival Fascination 2004 (Caribbean)
HAL Noordam 2004 (Norway)
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 ( E. Mediterranean)
Carnival Glory 2010 (b2b E+W Caribbean)
Emerald Princess 2012 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2012 (Panama Canal-full transit)
Ruby Princess 2014 (Caribbean)
HAL Ryndam 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Ruby Princess 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2016 (Journey-E. Caribbean)
HAL Zaandam 2016 (BA to Santiago)

Crown Princess 2018 (Western Caribbean)
HAL Zuiderdam 2018 (Partial Canal)
HAL Maasdam 2018 (Tahiti)
Michigan
1,909 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by snickers18
Does anyone know of another Tour Company except Estancia Excursions in the Falklands. Their Volunteer Point tour where you also see the Penguins is full and I would dearly love to do this tour.
Snickers18
Patrick Watts gets rave reviews on the Celebrity boards. We used Estancia and were delighted but the Patrick Watts group got to the same place only a bit later than we did. Once you are there, the penguins don’t care how you got there...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



04.1948 - Italian Line MV Vulcania: NY to Piraeus
06.1950 - American Export Line S.S. Exeter: Piraeus to Naples
07.1950 - American Export Line S.S. Excambion: Marseilles to NY
08.1955 - Moore McCormick Lines S.S. Argentina: NY to Buenos Aires
08.1958 - Grace Lines S.S. Santa Cecilia: NY to Arica, Chile
02.2013 - RCCL Adventure of the Seas: San Juan -Southern Caribbean
11.2014 - RCLL Adventure of the Seas: TA Southampton to San Juan
02.2015 - Celebrity Infinity: Buenos Aires to Cape Horn and Antarctica
12.2015 - Celebrity Infinity: Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso Chile
08.2016 - B2B Celebrity Millennium: Seward AK to Vancouver CA to Seward AK
11.2016 - Celebrity Silhouette: TA Rome to FLL

01.2017 - Celebrity Eclipse: Exotic Southern Caribbean
07.2017 - Celebrity Constellation: Greek Isles
12.2017 - Celebrity Summit, Dutch Antilles Caribbean
03.2018 - Celebrity Xpedition: Galapagos
06.2018 - Celbrity Summit, Bermuda and New England

11.2018 - Celebrity Eclipse: Italy & The Adriatic
11.2018 - Celebrity Eclipse: TA Barcelona to Buenos Aires
03.2019 - Celebrity Eclipse: BA to Valparaiso
03.2019 - Celebrity Eclipse: and on up to San Diego

09.2019 - Celebrity Reflection Amsterdam to Barcelona
09.2019 - Celebrity Reflection Italy & Spain
02.2020 - Celebrity Solstice Auckland to Melbourne
24 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Originally posted by snickers18
Has anyone booked The Train Excursion in Ushuaia. Would like to do so if there is one less expensive than the Tour offered by the Ship
Snickers18
Our guide took us to the train station to take pictures and we realized that it was a waste of time to take the train due to it was very crowded, only 100 people per train ( but thousand people waiting for an empty seat) and every train departed every 20 minutes.
Otherwise you see the same lanscape from your van than from the train.
Florida
3,525 Posts
Joined Feb 2000
We booked with Edger at: tourguideushuaia dot net
https://www.tourguideushuaia.net/ushuaia-html/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

All the Best, Ruth & Larry
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2gU/edit#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...nvk/edit#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vt4/edit#gid=0
Chigwell, England
234 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
I did a National Park tour with Edgar's company a couple of weeks ago. His communication beforehand was excellent. We stopped at a few places of interest that were good photo opps, and a stop at a large cafe for a refreshment and comfort break was very welcome. I got my passport stamped Tierra del Fuego there. Unfortunately when we got to the End of The World Post Office where I'd hoped to get it stamped (having remembered to retrieve it from the ship's Front Desk where they held everyone's passports) it was closed. Not unusual, apparently. Our guide was very knowledgeable and his English was fine.
Mississauga ON Canada
56 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
We also booked with Edgar in Ushuaia. We were very pleased with the tour. The guide was informative and the National Park scenery was beautiful.
Virginia
70 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
We just (Dec 15 2017)had a wonderful experience with Tour Guide Ushuaia for National Park Tour, organized by a fellow passenger on Celebrity Infinity. Pre tour communications (info, pricing, payment, follow-up etc) by Edgar were professional and useful. Our tour guide was an expert (with excellent english) and modified the itinerary on the fly to avoid the huge tour buses from ship tours. We still saw all promised highlights plus a handful more and without fighting crowds at viewpoints. Guide and driver were great team. We compared experiences with other passengers and this is clearly the best deal available.
Florida
2,755 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by j&jAweigh
We just (Dec 15 2017)had a wonderful experience with Tour Guide Ushuaia for National Park Tour, organized by a fellow passenger on Celebrity Infinity. Pre tour communications (info, pricing, payment, follow-up etc) by Edgar were professional and useful. Our tour guide was an expert (with excellent english) and modified the itinerary on the fly to avoid the huge tour buses from ship tours. We still saw all promised highlights plus a handful more and without fighting crowds at viewpoints. Guide and driver were great team. We compared experiences with other passengers and this is clearly the best deal available.


Thanks for the info!


Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wayfairers
12/06 RC Navigator of the Seas - 7d Eastern Caribbean
01/08 HAL Ryndam - 30d Hawaii/South Pacific
03/08 Carnival Spirit - 7d Mexican Riviera
06/08 Princess Sapphire - 10d Alaska
01/09 Celebrity Galaxy - 10d Southern Caribbbean
10/11 HAL Maasdam - 45d Atlantic Adventurer (RT FLL to Europe)
05/14 Carnival Legend - 7d Western Caribbean
06/14 Carnival Conquest - 7d Eastern Caribbean
07/15 HAL Veendam - 1st 18d of Voyage of the Vikings (Boston-Amsterdam)
10/15 Norwegian Spirit - 28d Transatlantic (Venice-Orlando)
01/16 HAL Rotterdam - 89d Passage to the Far East

Looking forward to.....
01/19 HAL Prinsendam- 80d Grand South America and Antarctica Voyage
Virginia, USA
99 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
We were a group of 6 and scheduled 3 separate tours with https://www.tourguideushuaia.net. The Ushuaia tour was discounted 10 percent since we had 3 tours scheduled. The guides for all of the tours spoke excellent English. They were all extremely knowledgeable with respect to the history and nature of their locations. The tours were well planned, vans were well sized and very comfortable. In every case the guides adjusted the tours to our needs and desires and each of the tours exceed all of our expectations. I highly recommend using Edgar's agency. I am confident that you will pleased with this company.

One thing of note to international travelers - our ship was delayed a couple of hours getting into one of the ports. The emergency contact number provide began with "00", which normally works - however in Chili we had to substitute a "+" for the double zero in order to get the call to connect so we could inform the agency that we would be delayed. We use T-mobile which was connected to the local wireless provider so that may have been part of the issue.
Southern California
3,890 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by AKexplorer
We were a group of 6 and scheduled 3 separate tours with https://www.tourguideushuaia.net. The Ushuaia tour was discounted 10 percent since we had 3 tours scheduled. The guides for all of the tours spoke excellent English. They were all extremely knowledgeable with respect to the history and nature of their locations. The tours were well planned, vans were well sized and very comfortable. In every case the guides adjusted the tours to our needs and desires and each of the tours exceed all of our expectations. I highly recommend using Edgar's agency. I am confident that you will pleased with this company.

One thing of note to international travelers - our ship was delayed a couple of hours getting into one of the ports. The emergency contact number provide began with "00", which normally works - however in Chili we had to substitute a "+" for the double zero in order to get the call to connect so we could inform the agency that we would be delayed. We use T-mobile which was connected to the local wireless provider so that may have been part of the issue.
So basically 1 “0”?

I always wondered what the plus was
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
******************
Favorite place to view cabin pictures:
Google: “Holland America + Cabin Pictures”

March 3, 2018 Zaandam, South America
December 13, 2015 Veendam Mexican Rivera
March 14, 2015 Veendam Mexican Rivera
January 10, 2013 Veendam Antarctica
July 22, 2011 Sailing the Tall Ship Californian
August 9, 2010 Amsterdam 14 days Alaska Itinerary
June 23, 2009 (Alaska RT Vancouver) Volendam
September 6, 2008 (Alaska: Gulf Crossing) Volendam
Sydney, Australia
22 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
We just booked with a local travel agent in Ushuai, recommended on Trip Advisor, they were very prompt with their reply and price is good especially if there's only 1 or 2 of you. You can either join the tour at their office in town or they can pick you up at the hotel across the road from the cruise port
http://www.excursionesenushuaia.com/
http://www.infodeushuaia.com/
Wellington, NZ
759 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
We just enjoyed several excellent tours with Edgar's team, at Usuhaia, Punta Arenas and Punta del Este. Some others also worked with him at Montevideo. They were all excellent but I particularly enjoyed Ushuaia, and getting outdoors. The tour there featured walks in the National Parks and a really good overview from our extremely knowledgeable guide. If you need a break from the crowds on a cruise ship and some time in nature, I thoroughly recommend Edgar's operation:
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
  • Celebrity Summit, Classic Mediterranean, June 2009
  • Celebrity Equinox, Rome - Rome, September 2010
  • Paul Gauguin, Society Islands, April 2011
  • Celebrity Constellation, Turkey & Greece, September 2011
  • Celebrity Century, NZ - Aust, January 2012
  • Celebrity Silhouette, Adriatic, July 2012
  • Paul Gauguin, Society Islands, December 2013
  • Celebrity Infinity, Alaska, May 2015
  • Celebrity Silhouette, Baltics, July 2016
  • Celebrity Infinity, South America & the Horn, January 2017
Chalfont, PA
521 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by astrocat
We just enjoyed several excellent tours with Edgar's team, at Usuhaia, Punta Arenas and Punta del Este. Some others also worked with him at Montevideo. They were all excellent but I particularly enjoyed Ushuaia, and getting outdoors. The tour there featured walks in the National Parks and a really good overview from our extremely knowledgeable guide. If you need a break from the crowds on a cruise ship and some time in nature, I thoroughly recommend Edgar's operation:
I totally agree!! Our cruise was plagued with changed arrivals and departures due to mechanical problem with the ship. The guides were at the port and easily found 99% of the time. All the tours were exactly as described and I would highly recommend Edgar at
tourguideushuaia.net.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[url=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/UR6





MICHELE
South Florida
88 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
We just returned from a cruise "Around the Horn" from Santiago to Buenos Aires. We used Edgar with Tour Guides Ushuaia in both Porto Montt, Chile where we hiked and visited beautiful waterfalls, lakes and a volcano, and in Ushuaia where we had an amazing day at the Tierra del Fuego National Park. It was very easy to arrange the tours with him, his communication was excellent, and the guides were great. We especially enjoyed our guide Gaston's thorough knowledge and enthusiasm in Ushuaia. The prices for these tours were very reasonable and the guides were prompt to meet us at the pier in both ports.
I highly recommend these tours.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CooksCruiser14

RCL Bahamas 1997
HAL Rotterdam, Baltic 2005
Viking River Cruises, Imperial Jewels of China, October 2011
Seabourn Sojourn, Fjords and North Cape, June 2012
Isabella 2, Galapagos Islands, September 2014
Alaskan Dream Cruises, Admiralty Dream, May 2016
Celebrity Equinox, Italy and the Greek Islands, September 7, 2016
Viking River Cruises, Paris, Burgundy, and Provence, May, 2017
Celebrity Infinity, Chile and Argentina, January 2018