Anyone get sick on the Insignia July 19th Reykjavik to Stockholm cruise

silkman

Shortly after arriving home from the cruise ,I had a high fever and headache.I was diagnosed with viral spinal meningitis. I was just curious if anyone else on the cruise had contracted a virus.

Other than the virus(which may or may not have been contracted on the ship), the cruise was great...one of the best we have had.We arrived in Reykjavik 4 days early . The scenery...waterfalls , geysers . lava fields, etc. in Iceland were spectacular. Everything on the Insignia was up to it's high standards . We have been on the Insginia 4 times, and have never been disappointed.

Edited by silkman

Shortly after arriving home from the cruise ,I had a high fever and headache.I was diagnosed with viral spinal meningitis. I was just curious if anyone else on the cruise had contracted a virus.

Other than the virus(which may or may not have been contracted on the ship), the cruise was great...one of the best we have had.We arrived in Reykjavik 4 days early . The scenery...waterfalls , geysers . lava fields, etc. in Iceland were spectacular. Everything on the Insignia was up to it's high standards . We have been on the Insginia 4 times, and have never been disappointed.

Silkman, I was on the July 1-19 cruise segment disembarking in Reykjavik on July 19. For what it's worth, I didn't hear of any illnesses on the Insignia during our segment. Sorry to hear of your illness and hope you are recovering rapidly.

Silkman-

Sorry to hear of your illness. My wife and I were on your cruise and we were fine. We did not hear of anyone getting sick while we were on board.

We loved the Iceland to Stockholm cruise, too. We enjoyed the Insignia so much that we booked another cruise on an R class Oceania ship for next summer - it circumnavigates Spain and we thought that was a pretty unique itinerary.

I hope you are feeling better and well down the path to recovery.

David

Silkman-

Sorry to hear of your illness. My wife and I were on your cruise and we were fine. We did not hear of anyone getting sick while we were on board.

We loved the Iceland to Stockholm cruise, too. We enjoyed the Insignia so much that we booked another cruise on an R class Oceania ship for next summer - it circumnavigates Spain and we thought that was a pretty unique itinerary.

I hope you are feeling better and well down the path to recovery.

David

Thanks for replying. Likewise I saw no signs of illness on the ship. I am a little better each day. I was paranoid on ship,washing my hands constantly , using special disinfecting "wipes" to wipe down the room... using special hand sanitizer which supposedly is effective against noro. Of course I may not have gotten the meningitis on the ship.

We took an Insignia cruise in 2011 which included many Spanish ports as well as Portugal and France....Left from Dover and included Paris(Rouen),St. Peter Port,Lorient,Bordeaux,Bilbao,La Coruna,Oporto,Lisbon,Seville(Cadiz),Malaga,Valencia,Barcelona. I m sure you will enjoy the cruise.

Thank you also Haskinsky