pacific star tropical qld

verve31

Hi wanting feedback on this cruise going in Oct 06, need to know if people felt s/sick, was the cruise smmoth due to travelling up the coast? Good for kids under 4? Actually any feedback would be appreciated.

Verve:eek:

I am confused as to what you are talking about here. :confused:

Maybe you could give a bit more info or re-word your request.

Are you considering a cruise in Oct 2006?

Where is it going to exactly?

What do you want to compare it to?

I assume that verve31 is doing a cruise up the QLD coast to Cairns, Willis Island etc.

Sorry, can't comment on the itinerary. Cruising with kids is good because there is a lot of things for them to do. However if your child(ren) is/are under 3 then they cannot be left unsupervised in the kids club and this may be frustrating for you. My understanding is that you can take small kids to the activity centre and stay with them.

I assume that verve31 is doing a cruise up the QLD coast to Cairns, Willis Island etc.

Ok that could be it. I also note that verve31 is fairly new here as well, so welcome aboard!

We have done this Queensland Coast cruise and at a similar time of year. The seas were so calm that it verged on boring :) It never felt like you were out at sea at all. That said, there is never any guarantee that any area will be calm or rough; just as you can never guarantee if it will be fine or raining. The wet and cyclone season for the area is usually January until late March so you would be totally avoiding that.

Please also understand that this cruise does not sail that close to the shore that you can see land. You are still in open waters most of the way. We were fortunate to get an invite to the bridge on "Sky" on the last day at sea, and even that high up on the ship and through binoculars you could just make out Fraser Island, and that is not all that far from Brisbane, so we would have been heading closer to shore by that stage anyway. It was about 3.30pm.

I really enjoyed this cruise and it was nice for a change to visit Australian ports, but then again, we have seen most of the South Pacific Islands, and love them too.

I hope that helps and is "on topic" to what you wanted to know.

Can't help with kids, but most parents seemed to have a huge smile on their faces; enjoying a bit of free space for a whole.

Good Luck and don't worry - You'll have a ball!

Hi verve31

We did that cruise in Feb this year and the weather was brilliant ~ we were on Pacific Sky.

Be aware that the only port you dock at will be Cairns, no other stop has a wharf so you will travelling ashore by ships tender (lifeboats). [Pacific Sky did not even go into Cairns to dock because of the size of the ship ~ but Pacific Star (and Sun) will be able to as they are smaller ships]

So just keep that in mind when you consider your under 4's ~ and if you really want to go ashore or or just stay onboard as we did. There is still activities and meals when your at anchor, the same as if it was a sailing day.

Hope this helps a bit.

id7qy1.gif

Archived